Saturday, August 30, 2014

August and September 2014 Random Reads

Hosted by I'mlovingbooks

I'm sorry this post is so late. We went on vacation at the beginning of August and then it has been busy since we came back, so I have forgotten about this post totally. I thought about just skipping having an August Random Read, but I made a goal to have 11 random reads this year (skipping the month of December), so even though tomorrow is the last day of the month I'm still going to put up my August random read and I'm combining the post and posting my September random read as well. 

In July I finished my June and July random read. My June random read was The Real Boy by Anne Ursu, which I adored and could possibly be one of my favorite books of the year. Ash by Malinda Lo was my July random read. I really enjoyed this book although it wasn't a favorite. It was a unique and creative idea. For my August random read I chose one of the books I own. I got number 14 which is The Distance Between Us by Kasie West. 





For September I went back to choosing off my TBR list and I got My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick. This book seems like it has been on my TBR list forever, but in reality it has only been on there since June 9th, 2013. I have wanted to read this book for awhile because literally every blogger and booktuber seems to be talking about how amazing this book is. My sister is reading this book now as I challenged her to read it for our five book challenge. She has almost completed her part of the challenge and I have yet to start mine. It has been a major fail on my part as I have continued to think I have time when the year deadline is slowly running out. 

I have until the end of the year to complete Someday, Someday Maybe by Lauren Graham, The Distance Between Us by Kasie West, Burn for Burn series by Siobhan Vivian and Jenny Han, and How Zoe Made her Dreams (Mostly) Come True by Sarah Strohmeyer. Please as my followers bother me to read these books so I can complete this challenge with my sister. Plus I need to come up with books for her to read next year so I need to start reading either a lot of contemporary or a lot of dystopian. If I stop reading fairy tales for a while that is why. 

These both should be amazing reads that I hope to complete in September. I have three months of the year left to complete all my reading challenges because as you remember I will only be reading Christmas novels in December and not worrying about the challenges. I shall be back soon for my August Wrap Up and September TBR. 





2 comments:

  1. You really have to read the distance between us ! I liked it sooooo much !! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started it today. Only five pages in, but liking it so far.

      Delete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.