Monday, October 6, 2014

Book Review: The Distance Between Us by Kasie West (no spoilers)

Book: The Distance Between Us
Author: Kasie West
Publication: July 2nd, 2013
Source: Local Library
Read: September 3rd to 9th, 2014
Summary (from Goodreads):
Seventeen-year-old Caymen Meyers studies the rich like her own personal science experiment, and after years of observation she’s pretty sure they’re only good for one thing—spending money on useless stuff, like the porcelain dolls in her mother’s shop.

 So when Xander Spence walks into the store to pick up a doll for his grandmother, it only takes one glance for Caymen to figure out he’s oozing rich. Despite his charming ways and that he’s one of the first people who actually gets her, she’s smart enough to know his interest won’t last. Because if there’s one thing she’s learned from her mother’s warnings, it’s that the rich have a short attention span. But Xander keeps coming around, despite her best efforts to scare him off. And much to her dismay, she's beginning to enjoy his company.

 She knows her mom can’t find out—she wouldn’t approve. She’d much rather Caymen hang out with the local rocker who hasn’t been raised by money. But just when Xander’s attention and loyalty are about to convince Caymen that being rich isn’t a character flaw, she finds out that money is a much bigger part of their relationship than she’d ever realized. And that Xander’s not the only one she should’ve been worried about
.

My Thoughts:

The Distance Between Us was such a sweet, fun read. I enjoyed this book from the characters to the storyline this book was amazing.

Caymen is the main character of their story. Her witty, sarcastic attitude totally made this novel. I laughed at every sarcastic remark she made.  I also think that she had a funny perception of the rich and this novel showed the importance of not making assumptions. Then there is Xander who is totally sweet. His career days date idea was a sweet way to get to know Caymen better especially when she had her wall up. I loved the building of the relationship and the ups and downs of their lives. I also think Caymen's mother was an added bonus to the story. Her judgement towards rich people really drove the story. Another character I enjoyed is Skye, which is Caymen's friend who gets her to take adventures. She was a fun character, a free spirit, and she brought out a different dside of Caymen. She made her see Xander and the rich in ways she never would have otherwise. 

The ending was fast paced and groundbreaking. New doors were opened for Caymen. I enjoyed every page towards the ending.  I think this was a great, quick, fun, read. Caymen's sense of humor will put a smile on anybody's face. Contemporary lovers will enjoy the romance in this book. I overall enjoyed the characters in this book. I highly recommend reading it. 

Hosted by I'm Loving Books. The Distance Between Us was my August Random Read. I enjoyed this fun, quick summer read. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.