Monday, January 12, 2015

Random Read's 2014 Wrap Up

Hosted by I'm Loving Books


I participated in Random Reas in 2014. It picked a random book from my TBR pile that I may have otherwise neglected to read. I read 8 books for Random Reads in 2014. I put a sentence at the end of each review for this book and that is what I'm going to share here. I did not necessarily read all these books in the month I picked them.

January: True Believer by Nicholas Sparks: This book was  my January Random Reads selection. First book down towards my goal of 11 this year. It ended up being not an all time favorite, but worth reading
February: True Colors by Kristin Hannah: True Colors was my February Random Read and this one was by far a winner. I couldn't put it down and didn't want to stop reading it. I loved every moment. 
March: Swan Sister edited by Terri Windling and Ellen Datlow: This was not my favorite random read. I considered it a meh book which means I liked it, but didn't love it. 
April: The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston: This book was mysterious and action packed. It left me wanting to read the second book, which I'm going to start now. 
May: Sunlight and Shadow by Cameron Dokey: This was my May Random Read. The first book I actually read in the month I picked it. I would say this one was a winner. It was magical and beautiful. I'm so glad I picked this one up. Could be a favorite random read for the year. 
June: The Real Boy by Anne Ursu: The Real Boy was my June Random Read. The Real Boy was a magical fairy tale retelling of Pinocchio that I fell in love with and it will be on my favorites list of 2014. 
July: Ash by Malinda Lo: Ash was my July random read. Ash was a unique retelling of Cinderella interwoven with fairies and magic. This book was beautifully written and a great fairy tale read. 
August: The Distance Between Us by Kasie West: The Distance Between Us was my August Random Read. I enjoyed this fun, quick summer read. 

I'm going for 11 books off my TBR list this year through the TBR List Meme. I'm giving myself permission to skip a month due to vacation or just catch up. 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job! I finished 3 books and then gave up in April. I may steal your idea and try to do this with a selected TBR list. :) I think that is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.