Top Ten Tuesday is Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten New's Years Goals:
Today I would like to discuss my upcoming goals and changes I plan to make to the blog in 2014.
1. Blog Design- I loved the default blogger blog for my first year, but I'm ready to put forth my own design. I'm slowly working on making it and then it will be revealed to all of you.
2. Bring Back TBR pile- I loved having freedom for the second half of the year to choose what I wanted to read instead of sticking to the list that I made, but I really want to bring my to be read pile back.
3. Monthly Wrap Up- My Week in Books will not be coming back because honestly I don't have time, but I would like to continue to wrap up my books I read that month and my progress on my numerous reading challenges. This is something I cut out towards the end of last year when I started college.
4. Participate in more events- I love readathons and I want to continue to participate in them. I also am very involved in reading challenges, but I would love to join more readalongs in 2014. I am also looking to more events going on my blog.
5. Read the books I want to read- I don't always need to read the latest and greatest or what everybody else is reading. I want 2014 to be about me and the books that are important to me. I want to lower my goodreads TBR list and continue to enjoy reading.
6. Read 60 Books- I read 66 books last year, but here's the thing I was in high school half the year. I think this is going to be much more of a challenge this year. I need to read 5 books a month and novella's count.
7. Continue to Comment around the Blogosphere- I found so many awesome blogs this way. I hope to continue this in 2014.
8. Read Authors I Love- I will be bringing back that feature in 2014 because I have found more authors that I love. I think the authors I have up top right now are authors that are always going to be special to me. The new ones I put up are going to be the ones I found because of blogging. I also hope to continue to read new authors. I want to play catch up with many authors and finish all their books so I can read books as they publish them. I did this with Emily Giffin and Sarah Dessen. It is fun to wait for the new book to come out knowing you don't need to catch up on any of their older novels.
9. Finish the Series I Started- I have a Series post coming up soon. This post is mostly for me so I can figure out which series I have left to finish and the series I would like to start. I also joined quite a few series challenges in 2014 so I hope this will help me to achieve this goal. I have until July to catch up with the cedar cove series before another season comes on tv so that is going to be a big part of this first half of the year, but there are also many series enders coming out in this first half of the year.
10. Continue to Have Fun- I really enjoy book blogging and well blogging about my life as a college student every so often. I enjoy telling everybody about my feelings on books and books I'm busy reading. I have been a life long reader and to finally share my passion is awesome. I hope to continue to enjoy book blogging always remembering that numbers and statistics are not what is important.