April Wrap Up
April is a month that went on and on, but in other ways flew by. April was a big month for us. We had our first ice storm since 1996 and we got 3 days off school. I finished two books in that time. We lost power only twice and only for an hour each time. We were very lucky. I attended prom on April 20th and that was an amazing experience. I read a total of 6 books in April. I'm proud to say I finished every book on my April TBR list besides Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi which I gave up.
April Wrap Up
1. The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult was my favorite book for this month. I love Jodi Picoult as an author and this book was another winner. I didn't want to put it down and finished it quickly.
2. The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick was the 2nd book I read in April and it didn't disappoint. I loved Pat and Tiffany and the mental illeness really added to the book.
3. And Then I Found You by Patti Callahan Henry was the 3rd book I read in April. I won this book through a goodreads giveaway and I was excited to read it. I love books about adoption and this was a great book. It was emotional and happy at the same time. I would recommend this book for people who like heartwarming novels.
4. Splintered by A.G. Howard became my 2nd disliked book of 2013. I so badly wanted to like this book, but I had a lot of issues with it which you can read about in my review.
5. 311 Pelican Court by Debbie Macomber was not as good as the 2nd Cedar Cove book, but I really enjoyed the story and the characters.
6. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson was a wonderful book. I really enjoyed this retelling of Peter Pan. Anderson did a wonderful job creating the character of Tiger Lily.
May TBR (To Be Read)
I'm going to finish off the Spring of Sarah Dessen challenge this month by finishing the 3 remaining novels I haven't read by her. The others ones are just books I want to read. The books are This Lullaby, Just Listen, and That Summer by Sarah Dessen, Scarlet by Marissa Meyer, Firefly Lane by Kristen Hannah, and Rapunzel Untangled by Cindy C. Bennett.