Saturday, July 12, 2014

Wicked Wildfire Read-A-Thon Sign Up and Goals

As you all know I love read-a-thons and I especially love the WWW Read-a-Thons hosted by My Shelf Confessions, so I'm excited to announce my official participation in the Wicked Wildfire Read-A-Thon.


I'm also going to pair this read-a-thon up with the BookTube-A-Thon Hosed by Airel Bissett on Youtube. I'm not going to go into the debate about Book Bloggers vs. BookTubers because personally I watch and follow both formats. I enjoy them both.

The BookTube-A-Thon has a number of reading challenges that I would like to compete, but since the BookTube-A-Thon only goes on from July 14th- July 21st it is hard to complete the challenges in that short time frame, so here is the catch I'm going to let the BookTube-A-Thon challenges run through the end of the Wicked Wildfire Read-A-Thon as well as participating in the Wicked Wildfire mini challenges. Overall this is going to be a fun week so let's get on to what I'm reading.

The BookTube-A-Thon challenges are:
A book with pictures.
Start and finish a series.
A book with red on the cover.
A book someone else picks out for you.
A book from the genre you've read the least this year.
A book to movie adaptation
Read seven books.

I'm going to combine a bunch of these and skip a few that will be impossible for me to finish. I'm hoping to finish my current read Popular before Monday, but otherwise that will be on my updates as well. I will have quite a few hours taken out of my time this week with work and babysitting, but I will hopefully add some hours in with the dog sitting that we are doing this week. This is one of the busiest weeks of the summer, but I'm excited. 


The Real Boy by Anne Ursu, I'm counting this book for the book with pictures, and a book somebody else picks out for you. Technically I picked this myself, but I used Random.org and picked it for my June random read so I'm going to count it. 











Little City by the Lake by Celcia Wilkins. I'm counting this book as the genre I've read least this year (I have not read very many middle grades), and A book with red on the cover (see the carriage in the corner. It is red). 











My last book that I hope to read is Ash by Malinda Lo, my July random read. This one doesn't complete any of the challenges, but it would help me out with my TBR list for the month. 










I doubt I will get done with all three of these books. As for the start and finish a series challenge, a book to movie adaptation, and read seven books I'm going to skip those for now. Mostly because I'm just not a fast enough reader nor do I have the time to complete all the challenges. 

4 comments:

  1. I forgot about Wicked Wildfire! I just signed up after looking at your post. I liked Ash, it has a different twist to the story. I've never read any of the books based on the Little House books, but I think they look interesting. Good luck with both read-a-thons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. I'm glad I reminded you to sign up. I love Little House. The Caroline Series is my final series to finish. I'm excited to read them to my children someday.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the challenge Rachael! I have my hands full with COYER, so I'll skip this one but cheer you on from the sidelines :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.