Thursday, December 18, 2014

Book Review: Infinite (NewSoul #3) by Jodi Meadows (no spoilers)

Book: Infinite
Author: Jodi Meadows
Series: NewSoul #3
Publication: January 28th, 2014
Source: Local Library
Read: Dec 1st-Dec 16th, 2014
Summary (from Goodreads):

DESTRUCTION
 The Year of Souls begins with an earthquake—an alarming rumble from deep within the earth—and it’s only the first of greater dangers to come. The Range caldera is preparing to erupt. Ana knows that as Soul Night approaches, everything near Heart will be at risk.

 FLIGHT
Ana’s exile is frightening, but it may also be fortuitous, especially if she can convince her friends to flee Heart and Range with her. They’ll go north, seeking answers and allies to stop Janan’s ascension. And with any luck, the newsouls will be safe from harm’s reach.

 CHOICE
The oldsouls might have forgotten the choice they made to give themselves limitless lifetimes, but Ana knows the true cost of reincarnation. What she doesn't know is whether she’ll have the chance to finish this one sweet life with Sam, especially if she returns to Heart to stop Janan once and for all. With gorgeous romance and thrilling action, the final book in the Incarnate trilogy offers a brilliant conclusion to the compelling questions of this fascinating world, where one new girl is the key to the lives of millions.
.


My Thoughts:

This conclusion to the NewSoul trilogy was breathtaking and amazing. I loved this novel and getting to catch up with Sam and Ana once again. 


Ana, Sam, and a number of OldSouls leave Heart to figure out a plan to stop Janan from descending. It was sweet to see how many people believe in Ana and her plan to stop Janan. Ana does everything in her power to help the OldSouls remember the things Janan had forced them to forget. Ana has a choice to make. She knows the price of reincarnation, but she also wants to be able to spent her one life with Sam. The choice to stop Janan is a dangerous one and there is not telling of the group will survive. 

The conflicts faced in this novel were powerful. Ana had to make some brave decisions that risked everything for her. The OldSouls didn't always follow along and I agree with their reasons as well as Ana's. I think Ana really grew in this novel and made more choices based on her own mind rather than to make other people happy. I also think Sam changed quite a bit in this novel. His attitude wasn't always my favorite, but when Sam was needed he came through even if it meant facing his fears. 

It was so interesting to learn more about Slyphs, Dragons, and Phionexes. I especially loved the way the dragons talked. We also got to continue to learn more about Stef, Whit, Orrin, Sam and many of the other OldSouls past lives. Infinite was full of action and adventure. This novel was hard for me to put down. I couldn't wait to find out the ending to this amazing trilogy. 

Another part I loved about this series is how music is such a big part of the trilogy. I love the way music was woven into Infinite. It was such an important part of the story. I think music is something very special and something that sticks with people more than anything so I was touched to have music be a fundamental part of Ana and Sam's story. I would love to hear 'Ana Incarnate' someday. 

Although I can't reveal too much about the ending I will say that the ending was fantastic. I loved how Jodi Meadows wrapped up all the loose ends of the series. She left me with some burning questions based on the ending, but a lot that I can infer and imagine for the future of these characters. The ending was intense and full of action. I was glued to the pages and quite emotional that I was so close to finishing one of my favorite series of 2014. 

I loved all the books in the NewSoul trilogy and this series will be one I treasure and remember fondly. Jodi Meadows has made it on my favorite author list. I highly recommend the NewSoul Trilogy to all fantasy lovers because Jodi Meadows has created an enduring love story to be told.  I'm excited to read her new book Orphan Queen when it comes out in March 2015. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.