Thursday, March 10, 2016

February Wrap Up and March TBR


The books I read this month are Rush Revere and the First Patriots. I read this for my children's literature class. We needed to read a historical fiction book for kids and my dad recommended this one. I do not think their was any political basis in this book and I think it is a fun book for teaching kids about history. I find myself pretty interested throughout the story because it was fun to be apart of their adventure and be a part of history. Goodreads Review

My Life Next Door is the next book and my favorite for the month. This was my January To Be Read. This was a book that I have been meaning to read since it came out and I'm glad I finally got around to reading this book. This book was so much more than a summer romance. It had very adult themes for being a YA book. This book made me fall in love with the characters and stay up late reading. Goodreads Review

And We Stay is the last book I read this month and the most disappointed book of the month. I just expected to feel more emotion with a book about suicide and I just didn't feel that deep connection with the characters in this novel. I still enjoyed this novel and I still gave it 4 stars, but I just thought I would like this book better than I actually did. Goodreads Review

It seems to me that I'm going to have to add an in progress section to the monthly wrap up because I have been reading at least two books if not three at the same time the whole month of February. One book that I keep picking up and putting down is Heidel by Anita Valle on my kindle. I enjoy the book, but I keep having library books that are taking priority. I'm currently on pg 112, which is 46% through the book. I am almost finished with The Choice by Nicholas Sparks. I'm currently on pg. 262, which is 78% through the book. The last book I'm in the middle of is Cloaked by Alex Flinn. This is my February To Be Read. I'm not really far enough in to form an opinion. I'm only 21 pages in.



Last month's TBR was a total bust. I didn't read any of the books. I'm participating in Take Control of Your TBR Pile, which means that I plan to read books I own in the month of March. The books I plan to read are The Geography of You and Me, 99 Days, and PS I still Love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.