Wednesday, January 25, 2017

2016 End of the Year Book Survey

Hosted by The Perpetual Page Turner

I complete this survey every year and it is fun to look back on to see what books I really loved from the previous year and which books I put as a priority for the next year. 

Number of Books Read: 46
Number of Rereads: 0
Genre You Read the Most: Contemporary

1. Best Book You Read In 2016?
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick, Winter Garden, Winter, My Lady Jane, and Small Great Things.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
The Geography of You and Me. I thought this book was going to be a great romance book and it did have romance, but it also had many slow parts. 
 3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?  
Winter Garden. I knew I would love the book, but I fell in love with the characters and began way more involved with the story than I thought I would. 
 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
none
 5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?
The best series I started was the Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare. I did not have a best sequel. The best Series Ender would have to go to Winter by Marissa Meyer.
 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?
JoJo Moyes
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Rush Revere and the First Patriots by Rush Limbaugh
 8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
The Choice by Nicholas Sparks.
 9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
I don't reread very often. 
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?

11. Most memorable character of 2016?
Winter from Winter by Marissa Meyer
 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?
Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?
Also Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah
 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read? 
Wonder by R.J. Palicio
 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?
Didn't keep track.
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?
Winter: 832 pages
Little Boy Lost: 131 pages
 17. Book That Shocked You The Most
I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!) I'm going to put Cinder and Kai down for one last year next year I will have to be creative. 
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult (the mother/son relationship was great)
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah
21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Delirium by Lauren Oliver (my sister loved this book and I did too).
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?
Jace from My Life Next Door
23. Best 2016 debut you read? I don't think I read any debuts, but I'm not sure.
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year? Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read? 12 Days of Christmas by Debbie Macomber
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016? Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year? This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul? Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016? I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)? Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. I did not like the ending. It wasn't the ending I wanted, but it still was an amazing book.

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?

I'm going to put Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner on this list. This book has been on my TBR the longest and I have never read it. I'm putting it as a priority for 2017. 
 2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)?
Once and for All by Sarah Dessen. 
 3. 2017 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
 I haven't kept up with what is coming out for next year. 

 4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017?

 None that I can think of. I do have some series I will will be working to finish this year. 

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017?

 I hope to continue to read the books I want to read. I hope to keep reading in my life as I will start my journey as a first year teacher next year. It's crazy to think this dream I have had since I was a little kid is finally coming true. I know it will be challenging, but I'm ready to face that challenge and make a difference. 

6. A 2017 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:

 I have not read any 2017 releases yet. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.