Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Top Ten Books I Read the Year I started Blogging

I'm a week late on this week's top ten Tuesday post. I thought that this post was so much fun I didn't want to miss out. The topic for Tuesday September 12 was your top ten favorite books from the year you started blogging. In no particular order here are my top ten favorite books from the year I started blogging. 
Started my book blog changed my reading habits in a lot of ways. Suddenly this door was open and there were so many book recommendations that I almost didn't know what to do with them. Starting my blog gave me a creative outlet to talk about books and share the books that I love. When I look back at 2013, the year I started my blog, I read a lot of fairy tale retellings. I didn't know anything about fairy tale retellings until I started my blog. I started following Debz Bookshelf, The Book Rat, A Backwards Story, and Daily Prophecy. All of them are huge fairy tale retelling fans and they really started my love for fairy tale retellings. My love for Disney very naturally tranfered over to my new love for fairy tale retellings. 

I started blogging the year that The Fault in Our Stars was all the rage. I mean every blog and booktube channel was raving about The Fault in Our Stars, so I had to give it a chance and I really enjoyed it. My sister read the entire Divergent series before I even started. Hunger Games had really started the distopian craze and Divergent continued this fandom. In 2017 distopian has lost popularity, but there are still good distopian books coming out. 

I remember I shipped hard over St. Clair in Anna and the French Kiss. I absolutely loved this book and it was a quick read for me especially since I had just started my first year of college. Firefly Lane was a book that I reread in 2014. I loved Firefly Lane. It still is one of my all time favorite books and I highly recommend it. 

It was so much fun reflecting on the books I read in 2013 and when I looked at my shelf on goodreads these are the 10 books that really stuck out to me and here we are 4 years later and I still remember how it felt to read these books and what the book was about.  



1 comment:

  1. I have to admit that I don't really know what I was reading in the year I started blogging. I guess the only way I know is with what I was reviewing... OH WAIT I remember that I read Allegiant! I really liked the Divergent series. I read Cinder and Anna and the French Kiss because of blogging recommendations and LOVED both! Blogging opens us to so many new things :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.