Thursday, April 12, 2018

The TBR Dare, Take Control of Your TBR, and Down the TBR Hole March 2018


Here is my TBR Dare Wrap Up. My goal is always to limit new releases as much as possible and reduce my goodreads TBR. This year I managed to read 13 books. I did read one new release during the challenge period. My goodreads TBR started at 394 and I'm ending the challenge at 398 books. I did manage to read some books that have been on the list for a long time such as If We Kiss, Catching Jordan, and Mercy. 



This month I decided to ignore all the library books I have checked out and just read books off my own shelf. I managed to complete 3 books from my shelves, which I think is the most I have ever read for this challenge. I'm currently reading another book from my shelf because this challenge got me super excited about books that I own. I have so many good books on my shelf and I totally want to get around to more of them this year. 





11, 12, 13 Perfect Math, Second Glance, and Keeping Faith by Jodi Picout- Same thing as last time. Jodi Picoult is my favorite author and I'm working my way through reading all of her books. I have almost read all of them. I believe I have 7 left to be caught up. 

14. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini- I have wanted to read this book since I was a senior in high school. I own the book, so I'm going to keep it on the list, but if I decide to unhaul the original book then this one will also get removed from the list. 

15, 16. Just Another Girl, and On This Day by Melody Carlson- I used to be a big Melody Carlson fan. I read a lot of her books while I was in high school, but since then I don't read her much anymore. These get to stay on the list because they are apart of my Deal Me In Challenge. If they are not finished by the time that challenge ends they will be removed from the list. I do catch up on her Christmas novels every couple of years. 

17. A Little House Sampler by Laura Ingalls Wilder and Rose Wilder- this is written by Laura and her daughter Rose, so I will get around to this one eventually. 

18. Already Home by Susan Mallery- This one almost got removed, but I got sucked in by the summary. I checked the book out from the library and I'm going to give it try hopefully sometime this month and then decide if I'm going to read it or delete it. 

19. Not Quite Dating by Catherine Bybee- my first true delete as part of this project. This sounds like a book I would have loved in high school, but I'm not thrilled about the summary anymore. 

20. Waiting for the Moon by Kristin Hannah- any Kristin Hannah book I have read I have loved, so just expect all her books will be keeps. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.