Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This weeks post is about cover that I love of books I have read. I have to say it was really hard to choose only ten because there are so many beautiful covers, but I managed.
1. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger is one of my all time favorite books and I have always loved the simplicity of the cover. It has the ability to tell you about the story while still letting you imagine the characters.
2. The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks is a cover that is very simple which is the theme for today simple. I have always loved simple covers and Nicholas Sparks is great at creating them. The bench and the porch also convey a lot about the story.
3. The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen is my favorite Sarah Dessen book. No book is complete without a beautiful cover. I love the simplicity of this cover and the simbolism it represents with Maci wondering if Wes loves her or not.
4. The Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin is my favorite cover and one of my favorite books out of Emily Giffin's collection. I just love how there isn't a lot going on in this cover.
5. Firefly Lane by Kristen Hannah is a book I just finished reading last week. I love the fireflies and the jar on this cover because to me that is the ultimate representation of summer. Summer seems to be the time in books where friendships form just like Tully and Kate's friendship. I don't mind Tully and Kate being on the cover because they were blurry enough I was still able to imagine them for myself.
6. Rapunzel Untangled by Cindy C. Bennett is a beautiful book cover. You know this is a Rapunzel retelling from the long locks of golden hair, but her face is still up to you to imagine.
7. Cinder by Marissa Meyer had a very creative, different cover that just drew me to this magnificent book.
8. The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick was a great book. You will notice this is the only book on this list where I chose a cover that featured people's faces. This book is the only movie cover I have not hated on a book. I think that says something. Even if I got the old cover I know I still would have imagined Pat as Bradely Cooper and Tiffany as Jennifer Lawerence.
9. Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult was an amazing book and I learned so much about wolves. I love the simplicity of this cover and how well this cover represents the book.
10. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen was a great books about the circus in the 1920s. I love this cover for how well it represents the book and that it allows you to imagine the characters for yourself.
Thanks for reading