A Month of Rapunzel: Guest Post: Reasons to be Rapunzel
Bonnie @ A Backwards Story wrote an awesome post about why you should want to be Rapunzel. Bonnie even hosted a week long event featuring Rapunzel. That you should totally go check out. And to top things off Bonnie is a part of Fairy Tale Fortnight coming up next month. Fairy Tale Fortnight is my favorite event and it is sure to be a blast. Without further to do read about the reasons to be Rapunzel.
bon·nie Pronunciation: \ˈbä-nē\ Function: female Etymology: Scottish, English; perhaps derived from the French word "bon," meaning good or nice.
A bonny lass enjoys singing at the top of her lungs, meandering her way through telling the stories of the characters living inside her head, eating strawberries, tinkering around in Photoshop, catching fireflies for the sheer joy of letting them go again, and getting lost in a good book.
Eight Reasons It Would Be AWESOME To Live In Rapunzel's Fairy Tale by Bonnie Lynn Wagner
Everyone asks, “If you could live the life of any fairy tale
character, who would it be…and why?”
I think many dreamers want to be Rapunzel. Compared to other
fairy tale heroines, she has it relatively easy. And she's one gal who knows how to have FUN!
1. There are people out there who would REALLY rather live in a
tower. After all, think about all the books you could read! (Or crafts you
could do, songs you could write, whatever your passion is!) But seriously.
Trapped in a tower, you have a LOT of free time on your hands to indulge!
2. Okay, so the part where your prince gets blinded isn’t that
cool. But think about it! He doesn’t have to see that horrendous new haircut
that looks HORRIBLE, the zit that no amount of cover-up can conceal, the tomato
sauce dribbled down your white shirt. He loves you for you. Those embarrassing flaws are a non-issue!
3. Protection! Forget frying pans. When nothing's at hand, strong hair does all kinds of interesting things!
A fair maiden needs to have SOME way to come out on top and escape from the bad guys, right???
4. How many girls have wanted the Sailor Moon hair style? I always did, but my hair is too soft to do
the odango and have it hold. Plus, it has to be crazy long to look even remotely good. Now Rapunzel? Her hair is MADE for that style.
5. Warmth! When you're locked up in a tower, you don't have many options, and everyone knows that stone towers are damp and drafty in the winter.
What if you get cold and want a blanket? Thank goodness for all that long, warm hair!
6. How can you decorate when nothing new comes in or out? If an evil witch is guarding you, she wants to make sure you're not having any fun. She'll give you a tree, but no decorations. But with long, magical hair, you can light the holiday up all by yourself!