Saturday, April 26, 2014

Dewey's Readathon Spring 2014 Hour 12 Update


pg 124 to pg 150from 3:28 to 4:12
pg 150  to pg 170 from 4:12 to 4:50
pg 170 to pg 200  from 4:50 to 5:43
In Through a Tangled Wood by Various Authors. 

I read straight through, but I wanted to record how long it took me to finish each story. I really do not enjoy reading on my computer, but I did enjoy this anthology. I finally finished it after almost a month of read. My review will be up during fairy tale fortnight. 

I have took almost an hour break from reading now to eat summer and rest my eyes from looking a page full of words. I just threw in a load of laundry. I think I'm going to put in Tangled and get back to reading. 

Running Tally
Books Finished: 3 
Pages Read Since Last Update: 76
Time Read Since Last Update: 2 hours 23 minutes
Total Pages Read: 242
Total Time Read: 7 hours 22 minutes


Mini Challenges
First Edition Hosted by The Blue Stocking Society
Attatchments by Rainbow Rowell is a relatively new book only published in 2011 so this is the first edition. 

Mid Event Survey
1. What are you reading right now?
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
2. How many books have you read so far?
3 actually. I have been in a weird reading slump this month and have been starting books like crazy, but not finishing them. The readathon gave me the needed motivation to finish some of those books. So far I have finished 74 Seaside Avenue by Debbie Macomber, Heaven Changes Everything by Todd and Sonja Burpo, and Through a Tangled Wood by Various Authors. 
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I'm looking forward to the continued reading of Attachments and then starting Swan Sisters by Ellen Datlow. 
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
I was free the whole day, but I had to arrange reading around spending time with my friend because I did not tell her about the readathon and didn't want to act as if I was avoiding her all day. 
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
I haven't had too many interruptions. I just take breaks when needed. I often stop to talk to people while I'm reading and then go right back. 
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How well I have done. I always love the energy of the readathon, but I have been reading for the last 12 hours of the day and I'm still going pretty strong. I'm hoping to make it to hour 15 or 16 before passing out for the night. 
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I don't know if I will ever do this well again, but I sure have fun trying. 
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
I would still be a reader, but maybe I would sign up to be a cheerleader. 
9. Are you getting tired yet?
No, ask me in a few hours. I usually go to bed around 10. 
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Just keep enjoying the readathon. It is the best way to stay motivated. 

10 comments:

  1. We have reached the halfway point. Great job so far. Enjoy what's to come. #TeamHughes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Through a Tangled Wood looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an amazon freebie and was worth my time just wasn't over the moon impressed.

      Delete
  3. I have been in a reading slump as well, mainly because I've been spending a lot of times with my games. :) I only read 8 books this month, so I'm glad to have time to kick me into reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is more than I usually read in a month period. I am going to have read more books then month just because of the readathon and how many different formats of books I read in this month.

      Delete
  4. I've heard great things about Attachments. Happy reading and enjoy the rest of Readathon! #TeamHughes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm almost finished. Then I will probably call it a night.

      Delete
  5. Yay for Tangled! :) I love that movie. Glad to hear that the Readathon has helped you out of your reading slump! I think that's one of the best things about it - it helps us remember why we love reading and are readers in the first place. Happy Readathoning! #TeamHughes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really got some solid reading time in during Tangled. This readathon helped me just bring reading back as a focus and got me interested in read for long hours at a time.

      Delete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.