Monday, September 1, 2014

Summer Challenge Wrap Up

Hosted by Katie's Book Blog 
Hosted by The Book Monsters'

Today I'm wrapping up three summer challenges I participated in. I would love to participate in all of these next year. I had a lot of fun. For the Summer Reads and the Summer Library Challenge I did not have  a specific goal I just wanted to read as many books as possible. For the Summer Library Program I set my goal at 25 books and completed that goal on August 1st, 2014 when I finished Four: A Divergent Collection by Veronica Roth. 

This is the graphic I made to keep track of my Summer Library Program reading progress. As you can see it has filled up. Now on to the books read. 


For the Summer Library Program all the books count so I read 27 books.
For the Summer Reads Challenge only YA books count, which is a majority of what I read so I read 22 books for that challenge.
For the Summer Library Challenge which ran from June 1st to July 31st, only library books count. My first book counted for the challenge was Deception's Princess by Esther B. Friesner and my last book counted for the challenge was Ash by Malinda Lo. All the books in between are library books, so they all count. I read 14 books for the Summer Library Challenge. 

I consider all these summer challenges as a success. I'm sad summer has now come to an end. I'm knee deep in coursework and we only just finished our first week. It has been a successful summer of reading and I plan to continue reading a lot this fall semester although I know the pace will drop. 

6 comments:

  1. Great job on your reading! I hope you are having a good time being back at school, even if you do have lots of homework.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't even so much the homework this semester as my field experience that is stressing me out. I think it going to be fun to finally be in the classroom, but I want to make sure I get all my hours in within this semester.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's a nice list ! :D
    What did you think of the book thief ?

    I really really really want to read fangirl !
    Soon, I'll read it soon...
    (That's what I've been saying for six months XD )

    Good luck at school !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you knew me in person I would have told you about The Book Thief. This was my second time reading it and I rank it as one of my top favorite books. Please do yourself a favor and read Fangirl. It is now one of my favorite Rainbow Rowell books.

      Delete
  3. I absolutely loved the book thief too ! I thought it was really cool that it was told out of death's perspective :)

    I will, I will !! I promise !!! One day (soon) I will read fangirl !! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope you will. The Book Thief is amazing.

      Delete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.