Saturday, February 7, 2015

My To-Be Read List~ February 2015

Hosted by Michelle @ Because Reading

It is time for another round of the My TBR list meme. I finished Sold for Endless Rue by Madeleine E. Robins and Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George in January. I was able to knock two books off my list for fairy tale fortnight. I was really tempted to choose all fairy tale retellings again this month, but thought you guys could help me with my Winning at Reading Challenge. 

Wonder by R.J. Palacio has been on my TBR list since December 9th, 2014

You can't blend in when you were born to stand out.

 My name is August. I won't describe what I look like. Whatever you're thinking, it's probably worse. 

August Pullman wants to be an ordinary ten-year-old. He does ordinary things. He eats ice cream. He plays on his Xbox. He feels ordinary - inside.

 But Auggie is far from ordinary. Ordinary kids don't make other ordinary kids run away screaming in playgrounds. Ordinary kids don't get stared at wherever they go.

 Born with a terrible facial abnormality, Auggie has been home-schooled by his parents his whole life, in an attempt to protect him from the cruelty of the outside world. Now, for the first time, he's being sent to a real school - and he's dreading it. All he wants is to be accepted - but can he convince his new classmates that he's just like them, underneath it all?

 Narrated by Auggie and the people around him whose lives he touches forever, WONDER is a funny, frank, astonishingly moving debut to read in one sitting, pass on to others, and remember long after the final page.


Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson has been on my TBR list since July 19th, 2014.

Curry is not looking forward to her summer. Her mother decided to move across the country and now it's Amy's responsibility to get their car from California to Connecticut. The only problem is, since her father died in a car accident, she isn't ready to get behind the wheel. Enter Roger. An old family friend, he also has to make the cross-country trip - and has plenty of baggage of his own. The road home may be unfamiliar - especially with their friendship venturing into uncharted territory - but together, Amy and Roger will figure out how to map their way.










Titan Magic by Jodi Lamm has been on my TBR list since July 26th, 2014.

Mute, heartless, and tormented by auditory hallucinations, Madeleine Lavoie never questions why her family has hidden her from the world. But the night her brother casts her out, she learns the mysterious voice she thought existed only in her mind is no delusion, and no matter how hard she tries, she can never disobey it.

 Now Madeleine must find her own voice in a cacophony of powerful tyrants, monsters, and gods. If she fails, she will forfeit her life and the lives of everyone who loves her. But if she succeeds, she may finally gain the ability to love someone in return.











These are all going to be great books and since I own them they will get read at some point. I would love for any of these books to win.

7 comments:

  1. They all sound good. I picked Wonder, since I enjoyed that one. I am taking your advice and participating and hopefully I can finally finish a few series this year. :) Good luck with your choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted for wonder because I'm really curious about it now. I've never heard of it and want to know if its any good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted for Amy & Roger because I've been wanting to read it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went with Wonder cause I am curious what you will think of it. I have heard of it but not really seen any reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Titan Magic because I am a total sucker for a pretty cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. None are my thing, but I went with Amy & Roger because Erratic Project Junkie liked it so much, so hopefully you will too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm like you and will be happy for you to read any of the 3, but I voted for Titan Magic since it sounds pretty thrilling. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.