Sunday, October 18, 2015

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon Oct 2015 Finish Line


Another Dewey's readathon complete! Thanks to everybody that made this day possible! I had fun cheering and watching everybody's progress. 

pg 112 to pg 121 12:49 am to 1:02

I managed to stay awake until hour 19, by far not the longest I've stayed up, but I have a long week ahead of me so I didn't want to push it. 

Pages Read:9
Time Read: 13 minutes
Total Pages Read: 256
Total Time Read: 4 hours 38 minutes                                                                             

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Hour 18, because I was ready for bed. 
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Five Summers by Una LaMarche
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? The read-a-thon is so amazing! Keep up the good work!
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I always love the hourly updates. They keep me motivated. 
  5. How many books did you read? 2 and part of 1
  6. What were the names of the books you read? #Scandal by Sarah Ockler, A Long Walk to Water by Linda Sue Park, and part of Five Summer by Una LaMarche
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? Five Summers
  8. Which did you enjoy least? #Scandal
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I didn't get to everybody, so set aside time to make it to as many blogs as possible. Listen to audiobooks while you cheer if you want. 
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I will for sure be a reader and consider being a cheerleader again. 

April 2013: 296 pages
Oct 2013: 92 pages
April 2014: 440 pages
Oct 2014: 417 pages
April 2015: 360 pages
Oct 2015: 256

April 2013: 8 hours 6 minutes
Oct 2013: 3 hours 44 minutes
April 2014: 11 hours 24 minutes
Oct 2014: 8 hours 44 minutes
April 2015: 9 hours 13 minutes
Oct 2015: 4 hours and 38 minutes


This by far is not my most productive readathon, but it isn't my least productive either. I only had half of the time free yesterday, so I used that time to get as much reading done as possible. I'm proud of myself for completing A Long Walk to Water, a book I needed to read for class, and I'm glad that I'm enjoying Five Summers and actually want to read this book because I have been in a reading slump for so long. 



1 comment:

  1. How handy you were able to read a book for class! Good combination of fun and school. You seem an old hand at the readathon. I think I participated about 7 times or so. It's always great fun!

    ReplyDelete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.