Hosted by the broke and the bookish
Supposed to be published on May 31, but I missed it.
Summer is the time of year I get to read the most. I'm very lucky to have a job where I can read at work during naptime. It is one of the parts I love about my job. I do like to read light books during the summer. I'm a sucker for anything that has summer in the title or a summary that just screams summer. I also like to take the summertime to read books by my favorite authors. I take this time to catch up with my challenges and books I have really wanted to read. These are the books I hope to read this summer. I will probably not get to all of these books, but I own some of these and some are new releases that I found at Barnes and Noble. I didn't buy any since I haven't read the authors, so I want to give them a try.
1. Cruel Summer by Alyson Noel- I have this book as part of a combined book Forever Summer. I read the first book in Forever Summer last summer and this is the second book. I would like to read this book, so I can mark the full book as read.
2. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han- I have been wanting to read this series and it is a perfect summer series.
3. This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith- I read this author recently and really enjoyed.This book is on my list to read by the end of the year, but I also think it will be a nice light book for the summertime.
4. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson- I want to read other books by this author. I'm excited to read this book.
5. Summer of Yesterday by Gaby Trianna- Another book that I own and need to read, so I can get off my book buying ban.
6. The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord- I loved this author's first book, but I haven't got around to this one yet. I'm hoping to get to it this summer.
7. The Summer of Everything by Catherine Clark
8. The Leaving Season by Cat Jordan
9. Shuffle Read by Jen Klein
These last three books are books I found recently at Barnes and Noble and are new authors I would like to try. The Leaving Season is the exception on this list as I don't expect this book to be happy, but it is a book that I think I will really enjoy.
10. (not pictured) Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins- I need to finish this series. I didn't enjoy Lola, so it has taken me a lot of time to even want to pick up Isla. I'm hoping to pick it up soon and I hope that I enjoy it.