Wednesday, July 27, 2016

My TBR List Review: I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson (no spoilers)


Hosted by Michelle @ Because Reading

Book: I'll Give You the Sun
Author: Jandy Nelson
Publication: September 16, 2014
Source: Own
Read: July 5-14, 2016
Summary (from goodreads):
A brilliant, luminous story of first love, family, loss, and betrayal for fans of John Green, David Levithan, and Rainbow Rowell.

 Jude and her twin brother, Noah, are incredibly close. At thirteen, isolated Noah draws constantly and is falling in love with the charismatic boy next door, while daredevil Jude cliff-dives and wears red-red lipstick and does the talking for both of them. But three years later, Jude and Noah are barely speaking. Something has happened to wreck the twins in different and dramatic ways . . until Jude meets a cocky, broken, beautiful boy, as well as someone else—an even more unpredictable new force in her life. The early years are Noah's story to tell. The later years are Jude's. What the twins don't realize is that they each have only half the story, and if they could just find their way back to one another, they’d have a chance to remake their world.

 This radiant novel from the acclaimed, award-winning author of The Sky Is Everywhere will leave you breathless and teary and laughing—often all at once.

My Thoughts:
This is my June TBR List winner.

Noah and Jude are twins that live in two very different worlds. They defy all odds to be twins that care about each other, but do not get along. This book was so unique in the fact that Noah tells their story from the point of view of a 13 year old. Then later in the book we are introduced to Jude who tells the story of their life at 16. We see a very different world in the next three years between the two stories.

The book begins with 13 year old Noah a lost boy, secluded in his own world. His part of the story was hard to understand at first. All the events seemed random until Jude came along to explain the story and and puzzle pieces began to unravel. And so evolved the story of growing up, finding yourself, forgiveness, and an unforgettable mystery.

I fell in love with both characters. They both have their own personalities and hobbies. They both have their good traits, but also have their demons. Nobody is perfect and Noah and Jude find themselves in a world where nobody understands the turmoil they are going through. I found the aspect of art very important to this story especially who Noah is. I spent the whole novel trying to put together the puzzle pieces, but the ending still came as a shock as I never would have guessed that. This is my first book by Jandy Nelson and I'm excited to read her other book soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.