Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sunday Post #1 Last Week of Christmas Break

Last Week On the Blog

BOTY: Check out all my book of the year posts we are down to the final 8
November and December Wrap Up 
Bookish Bingo Sign Up
2014 End of the Year Book Survey 
2014 Read-A-Thon Wrap Up
TBR List Winner
Christmas Spirit Wrap Up

I posted a lot more on the blog this week, but I just wanted to highlight some of it. This week was my final week of Christmas vacation. I'm back to school starting tomorrow. Although I'm excited to see my friends I'm not excited to return to classes and homework. English is not my favorite subject and I'm getting my last English class out of the way this semester.

The weather here was not great this week. My siblings barely went to school this week. They got out early or went in late on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Thursday was the most ridiculous. They were out by 10:30. Wednesday they had no school due to the windshield being over -20. I'm not looking forward to walking to class in this cold weather.

I had this whole week off work this week, so I had a lot of free time and got caught up on a lot of blogging. I also saw one of my friends from high school on Friday. It was nice to catch up. I haven't seen her in over a year.

I'm looking forward to seeing my roommate and my friends this week at school.

Read This Week

I have read 2 books since Janaury 1st although the first one I started in 2014
My True Love Gave to Me by Various Authors
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Currently Reading

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

After not liking The Hunger Games book I'm delighted to say that I enjoyed Catching Fire and I'm enjoying Mockingjay so far. I plan to be done with it early this week, so I can read Sold for Endless Rue.

Snagged at the Library

The thing about Library book Hauls is that you will probably see the same book week after week. I only read about a book a week. I'm supposed to be putting the library on hold this month, but sometimes I just can't resist. I want to read 3 of my own books or books borrowed. I'm on my second right now so I just need to get one more done before the end of the month. 

I have the Princess series by Jessica Day George. Princess of the Midnight Ball won my TBR List for this month. 
My Life with the Walter Boys by Ali Novak (inter-library loan)
Sold for Endless Rue by Madeleine E. Robins (inter-library  loan)

The inter-library loan books both have short check out dates so I will be reading them first. 

New Books

No new books this week as they haven't came yet, but I will have new books to show next week and then I will show you the damage I have already done to my book buying reward system.

Events this Week

I participated in Bout of Books this past week. I always have so much fun with this read-a-thon and try to get a lot of reading done. I will be posting my wrap up within this week. 
This is the 2nd Read-A-Thon of COYER and I will be diving back in my ereads this week as well as keeping up with the physical reads. I'm currently 23% through Fallen by Anne Hunter

4 comments:

  1. Dang, it sounds cold there. I can only imagine. I think even when I lived in Indiana it never got that cold and now that I'm living in one of the hottest states I totally forgot what cold even is.
    This is my last week before going back to class too. I also want to see my friends but the work, not so much. Lots of retellings, I hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love diving back into the retellings. The cold can go away anytime now. It is hard.

      Delete
  2. Now that is cold. I sometimes wonder why they even make the kids go to school. I know they have snow days so they can be made up.
    The problem I have with library books is I always grab too many and then can't get them read before I have to return them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that problem a lot also. It isn't easy to get them read by the deadline.

      Delete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.