Top Ten Tuesday is Hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
Let me start off this post by saying I can't wait to read everybody else's take on this wonderful topic. There are so many resources in the blogging community to take advantage of. I came up with 7 resources that make my life a bit easier.
1. I have said it once, but I will say it again. My library is my favorite place to get books and the most often place I get books from. Unfortunately I will be moving to a new library come fall. I'm going to look into my university library, but will most likely get signed up for a library card at the public library. Even though it is 15 dollars a year it will save me more money than buying all the books I want to read.
2. Goodreads is my 2nd favorite resource. Goodreads is a good place for me to cross post my reviews. My favorite concept of Goodreads is the fact it allows me to store what books I have read, what books I want to read, and stay updated on what my friends are reading. Before Goodreads I would always browse the book store and remember titles I wanted to read. Often times by the time I was ready to read the book I had forgotten the title. Sometimes I found the title again, but more often I didn't so the book wouldn't get read. Thanks to Goodreads I have an overflowing to be read pile.
3. Blogging may feel like a solitairy activity, but it isn't. The blogosphere has a whole community. My next favorite resource is the blogging community. I have met so many people through this blog and I have learned so much from the community. Those colors in my reviews wouldn't have been possible without a post from a fellow blogger to get me started. I have learned many other tips and tricks along the way thanks to this wonderful community.
4. Collage Mix makes my blogging life easier by being an easy to use site when I can upload my own pictures and put them together in the way I want in a matter of minutes. That way I can have the post up sooner and have more time for reading.
5. I think we all have the feeling that there is so much to do on our blog, but we don't want to take the time to do it. Bloggiesta sets three days aside where we all can get our little projects done together. I'm looking forward to the next one because I have a long list to tackle. Starting with the review archive.
6. A Novel Challenge is the site where I found most of my reading challenges on. Although I joined way too many I'm glad I didn't have to scour the whole internet to find them all.
7. Bloglovin is a great website for reading blogs. I love the fact that after I have read a post it is taken out of my feed so I always know which posts I need to read. You can follow me on bloglovin'. The button is on the sidebar.