Friday, November 22, 2013

Gayle Forman Read Along If I Stay Week 3 Answers (spoilers included)

There are several themes in If I Stay. Two that are very prevalent are sacrifice and choice. How do you think these themes affect the characters? Give an example of each and what you think about them (if you can).

Mia knows what she has to sacrifice either way that she decided to go. She would have to live on with out her family. She would have to die without Adam so either choice was full of sacrifice. Mia also had a choice. She could stay or she could go. I would never want to be in Mia's position and have to make that choice. 

Although Mia’s family has died, Kim mentions that she still has a family. What does this mean to you? What does “family” mean in your opinion?

Kim believes that she is Mia's family that Adam, Willow, and Mia's grandparents are her family. These are the people that will help Mia through her grieve. Family is the people that care about you, but I think it would be hard to go on without my parents. 

What does Adam's act of putting the headphones on Mia suggest about their relationship?

Adam and Mia's relationship is based on music. They both love music so his act of putting the headphones on Mia was his way of connecting to Mia although she was unconscious

Adam and Mia have an unconditional love. Could you make a case against this? What are some examples that you’ve read so far that could support this (if possible)?

Adam and Mia have a lot of love for each other. Mia is willing to give up Julliard for Adam. They are still teenagers and they are still both very selfish. They want to do what they want to do. Some changes are coming to their relationship since Mia's accident and Mia's grieve if she decides to stay will change their relationship a lot. 

Has your opinion or initial thoughts about this book changed? If so, how?

I'm still loving this novel. I think Mia's character is so raw and real. I also still really like Adam's character because you can tell how much he cares and how terrified that he is to lose Mia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.