Monday, August 4, 2014

July Wrap Up and August TBR

This is just going to be a quick wrap up as it is 12:30 am and time for me to go to bed before we leave for vacation tomorrow morning. July was a super productive month I read 7 books and I really enjoyed them all although some more than others. I completed my June and July random read in July so I'm really proud of that.

I start the month off by finishing The Rules for Breaking by Ashley Elston, which I enjoyed, but it wasn't as great as the first one. Then I read Kailyn Lowry's book Pride Over Pity which was a super quick read followed by Rumpelstiltskin by Jenni James which tops the serieas as my favorite book so far. Then I read Popular by Maya Van Wagenen, which was truly inspirational. Then I read The Real Boy by Anne Ursu and Little City by the Lake by Celia Wilkins during the Booktubeathon. My reviews for both will be up while we are on vacation. Ash by Malinda Lo was my final book of the month. This was such a unique retelling of Cinderella.


I wasn't going to do a TBR this month since we are going to gone and I don't usually read while we are on vacation, but I know what happened last year. I set three books as my July TBR and I completed all of them. I hope to do the same here, but with how busy August is and us being gone I'm not going to worry too much whether I finish all three of these books. I do hope to read owned books this month. I own all three of these books. The books are Don't Call me Baby by Gwedolyn Hensley, The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith, and To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han.

Can you believe how fast this year is flying? I can't believe month 7 is over. More to come when I'm back from vacation.


2 comments:

  1. Great job on having a solid reading month! I hope this month is another productive one for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I don't think it will be. I took over a week off while I was on vacation, but now that I'm back home my reading speed is picking up again.

      Delete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.