Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Series 2016

Crazy that I have done this post for three years now. Check out my Series 2014, and Series 2015 to see my progress or lack thereof over the three years I have done this post. I'm hope to binge read series this year as I have many completed trilogies on the list and a couple doulogy where I own both books in the series. 

Started, but not finished:



The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer- The Lunar Chronicles has been on my list since I originally did this post as a Top Ten Tuesday Post before I ever started the series. This is one of my all time favorite series. I read Fairest this year shortly after it came out in a day. It would be completed by now if the library was a little faster, but I'm still waiting for my copy of Winter to come in. This will be the last year that this series makes it on the list, but do not fear Marissa Meyer has a new series coming out and I will read anything this woman writes. 
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins- I said Isla would be a priority in 2015, but it didn't happen, but I want to finish this series in 2016. 
Cedar Cove by Debbie Macomber- I just read A Cedar Cove Christmas. I have four books left in this series, so I think it is a real posibility that I will finish this series this year. The TV show is working on book 5 right now. 

Once Upon a Time by Various Authors- I read Golden and Sunlight and Shadow in 2014. I did not return to this series this year. I may read a couple books off this long series in 2016. 
Faerie Tale Collection by Jenni James- I read Cinderella and Hansel and Gretel in 2015. I have requested Jack and the Beanstalk and Snow White through Inter-Library Loan, so I will read them early in the year. I own The Frog Prince on my kindle. This series is ever expanding and Jenni James has many plans for new novels in this series. Expect to see it on this list in 2017. 

To All the Boys by Jenny Han- I read the first book in this doulogy this year and we bought the second book, but I haven't picked it up yet. I hope to finish this dou this year. 

Castle Glower by Jessica Day George- I picked up Tuesdays at the Castle randomly this year, but I have yet to continue the series. 

Fangirl & Carry On by Rainbow Rowell- Rainbow Rowell wrote the companion novel to Fangirl this year. I have it checked out from the library and it will probably be one of my first reads of 2016. 



Haven't Started, but Want To
Blossom Street Series by Debbie Macomber- This is the next Debbie Macomber series I plan to tackle. Since I will finish Cedar Cove it might be started sometime this year. 

Delirium by Lauren Oliver- My sister read and enjoyed this series. I hope to get to it at some point. 

The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare- I love me some Cassandra Clare so I need to read this entire trilogy before she starts the Dark Artifacts trilogy. I have until March of this year. With this entire series on my Homework Assignment challenge this trilogy will be read this year. 

Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu- This has been on my list for the past three years. If I don't get to the books this year I will probably remove them from the list. 

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor- I think this is a trilogy I will enjoy. 

The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski- I own the first two books and the trilogy will be complete this year. 

Hundred Oaks by Miranda Kenneally- This series is now up to 6 books and I haven't read any, but I would love to read this series. I'm especially interested in Breathe Annie Breathe since it is about running. 

Series Finished in 2015:

The Princesses of Westfalin Series by Jessica Day George- I finally read my first Jessica Day George and let's just say I fell in love with this series. It was magical and Jessica Day George did an amazing job. 

Caroline Series by Maria D. Wilkes and Celia Wilkins- It took me 9 years to finish every Laura Ingalls Wilder and every spin off series, but I have finally completed all of Laura Ingalls Wilder's books, and all the books about her great grandmother Martha, grandmother Charlotte, mother Caroline, and daughter Rose. The pioneer spirit is still alive through Laura's books. These are books I hope to read to my children in the future. 

Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer- Jodi Picoult and her daugther wrote these novels. Compared to Jodi Picoult usual novels these are more lighthearted. The companion novel was magical and it was so exciting to see Oliver come to life. The ending was spectacular and I'm glad that there was a happy ending.  




After finishing many series in 2014 I took a break from series reading in 2015. I do hope to continue to read many standalones in 2016, but I hope to complete and start some series also. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.