Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Book Review: The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle (no spoilers)

Book: The Infinite Moment of Us
Author: Lauren Myracle
Publication: August 27, 2013
Source: Own
Read: January 1-8, 2017
Summary (from goodreads):
For as long as she can remember, Wren Gray’s goal has been to please her parents. But as high school graduation nears, so does an uncomfortable realization: Pleasing her parents once overlapped with pleasing herself, but now... not so much. Wren needs to honor her own desires, but how can she if she doesn’t even know what they are?

 Charlie Parker, on the other hand, is painfully aware of his heart’s desire. A gentle boy with a troubled past, Charlie has loved Wren since the day he first saw her. But a girl like Wren would never fall for a guy like Charlie—at least not the sort of guy Charlie believes himself to be.

 And yet certain things are written in the stars. And in the summer after high school, Wren and Charlie’s souls will collide. But souls are complicated, as are the bodies that house them...

 Sexy, romantic, and oh-so-true to life, this is an unforgettable look at first love from one of young adult fiction’s greatest writers.


My Thoughts:
I have been putting off reading this book for so long. I have owned it since December of 2013 and I have put it on many a TBR's here on the blog. In order to make sure that it was a book I completed in 2017 I decided to make it my first book of the year. I don't always have the opportunity to start a new book at the beginning of the year, but this year I did. 

I'm pleased to say I actually really enjoyed this book. I feel like I got to know Wren quickly and she wasn't a character I sympthasized with at the beginning. Basically Wren has had it all throughout her life. School has come easily to her and she was able to apply to Emory (a college) and get accepted. Her parents were there to support her. They even bought her a car for graduation. As it typically goes Wren's dream was not to go to college it was to do something else. I know it is a typical storyline, it was her parent's dream, not hers, but when you have that many opportunities I just can't believe people are willing to throw them away. That was how my attitude started out with Wren. 

Then there was Charlie. Charlie has a troubled past as he was passed from foster home to foster home, but he has finally found his forever family. He doesn't believe that he is good enough to be adopted by his foster parents. Charlie has demons living inside hime and I don't think the book even really revealed half of what Charlie had been through in his life. 

Then Charlie and Wren meet and their story is so cute. It is a typical summer romance. It moves fast, sometimes I think a little too fast. There was only one or two sex scenes within the book, but there was a lot of mentions of sex. Sometimes I worry that young people that read this book could take it as being what love is about. I think there was a lot of lust in this book. Their relationship was really cute, but I also want readers to know that in real life relationships are not all about sex and how attractive you find the other person. 

That is really my only complaint about this book otherwise it was a page turner for me and I became fasinated with Charlie and Wren's life. I think Lauren Myracle did a great job with this book and I really enjoyed. The ending is kind of a cliff hanger, but it is trying to foreshadow towards the future, so it is enough for me to be satisfied. In the end I think this is a great book and I would recommend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.