Sunday, April 26, 2015

Dewey's Read-A-Thon April 2015 Finish Line



1:12 to 2:31 pg 287 to pg 335

Pretty sure I fell asleep somewhere in here. I woke myself up because I really wanted to finish this book. 

Pages Read: 48
Time Read: 1 hour 19 minutes
Total Pages Read: 360
Total Time Read: 9 hours13 minutes

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Hour 18, I'm pretty sure I fell asleep during this hour, but woke up to finish my book. 
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Scheider
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? The read-a-thon is always great I hope to do more updates during the fall read-a-thon. 
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I always love the hourly updates. They keep me motivated. 
  5. How many books did you read? 2
  6. What were the names of the books you read? Meant to Be by Lauren Morill and The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Scheider
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? The Beginning of Everything
  8. Which did you enjoy least? Meant to Be
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? NA
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? We will see what October brings, but I will be a reader again. 
April 2013: 296 pages
Oct 2013: 92 pages
April 2014: 440 pages
Oct 2014: 417 pages
April 2015: 360 pages

April 2013: 8 hours 6 minutes
Oct 2013: 3 hours 44 minutes
April 2014: 11 hours 24 minutes
Oct 2014: 8 hours 44 minutes
April 2015: 9 hours 13 minutes

Although I was a bit disappointed on missing out on so many hours of the read-a-thon I was able to do comparable page numbers to what I have done previously. This the latest I have stayed up for the read-a-thon. It also is my 2nd longest amount of time I have spend reading for the read-a-thon. What I love so much is that each read-a-thon is different. I have not had the same read-a-thon experience twice. It keeps it new and exciting and I will be participating in October! 

Did I mention that despite spending the day reading yesterday I still managed to take 6,414 steps and walk 2.88 miles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.