Saturday, April 23, 2016

Dewey's Readathon April 2016 Hour 3 Update


My morning did not go as planned. I planned on waking up at the beginning of the event, but I ended up getting woke up at 3:00 am by a fire alarm. We didn't get to come back inside until 4:00 and it took me a long time to get back to sleep, so I shut off my alarm and figured I would sleep as long as I could. I ended up sleeping in until 8 and I got straight to reading.


7:56 to 8:41 pg 168 to pg 199
8:57 to 9:05 pg 199 to pg 204
Pages Read: 36
Time Read: 53 minutes

Here is my breakfast: blueberry/banana muffins, chobanni flip salted caramel delight, and orange juice. 

Bookish Childhood
1. My first favorite book was The Berenstain Bears in the Dark. I don't know what drew me to this book, but this remains one of my favorite books to this day. 
2. I loved watching Clifford on PBS and reading the books that go along with the show. 
3. My 3rd grade teacher introduced me to Laura Ingalls Wilder and I spend most of my middle school years reading her books.
4. During 4th grade my favorite books were the Fudge Series by Judy Blume. These are one of the first books that mom bought for me because she knew I would read them. 
5. During 5th grade the Magic Tree house series were books I was obsessed with. I think they were below my reading level at this time, but I could finish many of these books in a day. 

I will see you in a few hours for another update

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.