Thursday, July 6, 2017

Mid Year Book Freak Out Tag

I was not tagged by anybody specific just thought this would be a fun tag to do to share some of my favorite books I have read in 2017. 

BEST BOOK YOU’VE READ YET IN 2017

Two by Two by Nicholas Sparks. This book was so wonderful and got me back into my reading mood. I love the daddy/daughter relationship and I think it was fun to have a guy as the main character. Nicholas Sparks still writes amazing romances even after his own divorce. 


I've only read sequels and none have been super great. I chose PS I Still Love You by Jenny Han. This book was not as good as the first book, but I did end up liking the book and I'm excited to read the last book of the series. 
   

NEW RELEASE YOU HAVEN’T READ YET BUT WANT TO

There are a lot of amazing new releases out this year. I chose The Name They Gave Us by Emery Lord. I loved her first book Open Road Summer and I need to catch up on her books. I hear this one is a tear jerker, so be prepared. 

MOST ANTICIPATED RELEASE FOR THE SECOND HALF OF THE YEAR

Coming Up for Air is a netgalley book I got early and it is amazing. I just started it and I love it so much already. This is my second half of the year release I'm already reading. 

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT

I bought this book because of the beautiful cover and it was a disapointment. It was a fairy tale retelling of beauty and the beast set in the desert. I think I would have enjoyed it more if the main character had a name. That is something I just couldn't get over. 

BIGGEST SURPRISE

The War that Saved my Life by Kimberly Brubaker Bradely was a totally unexpected favorite of this year. When I was doing my special education student teaching the teacher was reading this aloud to his class. I picked up the audiobook from the library and just loved it so much. I still think this book was awesome and think about it a lot. 

FAVORITE NEW AUTHOR

Nicola Yoon is my new favorite author this year. I have read The Sun is Also a Star and Everything Everything by her so far. They have both been great books to read. 

NEWEST FICTIONAL CRUSH

I'm going to choose Olly from Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon and Levi from Coming Up for Air by Miranda Kenneally. The boys in these books were both so caring and great boyfriend material. 


NEWEST FAVORITE CHARACTER

Russell from Two by Two by Nicholas Sparks. I think he is the best single dad and he did amazing providing a life for his daughter while dealing with his own divorce. 

BOOK THAT MADE YOU CRY

I do not have a book that made me cry this year so far, but I'm sure there will be one yet that will be a tear jerker. 

BOOK THAT MADE YOU HAPPY

My Name is Rapunzel by KC Hilton is a book I have wanted to read for awhile and I'm glad I finally read it. I think it was a great book. It made me happy the way that the author followed the story of Rapunzel, but made changes to make it her own. I loved My Name is Rapunzel. 

FAVORITE BOOK TO FILM ADAPTATION

Everything Everything is my favorite film adaptation I have seen this year. Before I Fall is the only other book to movie I have seen this year. I just recently saw Everything Everything and I think it did a wonderful job following the book as well as making it interesting for the audience. I really enjoyed this book and movie. 
   

FAVORITE POST YOU HAVE DONE THIS YEAR

I love the Series post I do every January to track the series I want to start and ones I have finished in the past year. I think it is fun to see the progress. 

MOST BEAUTIFUL BOOK YOU’VE BOUGHT THIS YEAR



Hands down this category goes to Wanderlost by Jen Malone. I have not read this book yet, but the cover is beautiful. 

WHAT BOOKS DO YOU NEED TO READ BY THE END OF THE YEAR

I have so many books I would love to read this year. One I would love to have read by the end of the year is the last Lara Jean book. 


Thank You so much for joining me for the Mid Year Freak Out. I hope you enjoyed reading and if you have done this tag leave me a comment below with your link, so I can check it out!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you did this tag -- it's one of my favourites! I love the end of the year book survey too, but looking at my reading halfway through the year is super satisfying as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First year I have done this tag and it is a great way to reflect on the last 6 months. And make a goal of a book I want to get done this year.

      Delete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.