Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Books I have Read so Far this Year
Click on the title for my review.
Firefly Lane by Kristen Hannah tops my list at number one because I have never read a more emotional, heartfelt book that had so many values. This book touched me in ways I can not explain.
2. City of Ashes is a book a just finished, but a book I fell in love with. I love learning more about Clary, Jace, Simon, Alec, and Isabelle. My review will be up soon.
3. Cinder and Scarlet by Marissa Meyer- When it comes to this series I can't choose which one is my favorite. The whole world that Marissa Meyer created is fantastic. The characters are loosely based on the fairy tales, but are original works. Simply amazing series that I would recommend.
4. The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult- Jodi Picoult ranks the top of my list of favorite authors so of course I fell in love with her new book. This book was full of mystery and the story of a jewish woman during WWII. I really enjoyed this novel.
5. The Host by Stephenie Meyer although this book is large and took me a number of days to read I fell in love with this book and movie. This book isn't the twilight series although I liked the twilight series also. The Host has a fantastic world and amazing character development.
6. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. Although I rate The Time Traveler's Wife as number one on my all time favorite books I didn't feel I could put it so high on this one because it wasn't my first time reading it this year. The Time Traveler's Wife is a truly emotional novel that tests the constraints of time.
7. Rapunzel Untangled by Cindy C. Bennett. I really fell in love with Rapunzel Untangled. I found the twist the author put on the typical Rapunzel story to be amazing.
8. Just Listen by Sarah Dessen. This was the final novel I had to read to complete all of Sarah Dessen's books and I'm happy to say it quickly became one of my favorites. Just Listen had amazing characters that really drove the novel.
9. Rump: The True Story of Rumpelstiltskin by Liesl Shurliff. Rump was so adorable and I loved remembering the original tale while looking for the twists the author put on the story. Especially the twist on names that she put in the novel.
10. Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie. The original novel of Peter Pan. I fell in love with this novel and learned that Disney did a pretty amazing job when it came to adapting the movie from this book.
Thanks for reading