Sunday, June 23, 2013

Library Books Read-a-thon Progress


Day 1 June 22nd

Day 1 did not go as planned. I was supposed to babysit yesterday so I planned to get a lot o read done while she was sleeping. That got canceled in the morning so I ran errands with my dad instead which took most of the day. Then my grandma came over and I didn't get any reading done while she was here. We went out for supper at the Cracker Barrel which was really good. Then after we came home I finally got some reading done before going to bed. 
pg 312 to pg 349 in City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

Total Books Read: 0
Total Pages Read: 37


Day 2 June 23rd

Sunday was another busy day for me. We headed to a small town and took a train ride through the quarry where we ended up having to stand the entire ride. Then we went and saw Monsters University. I loved the movie. Another great movie by Pixar-Disney. I had a lot of time to read on Sunday.

pg 47 to 74 in 50 Harbor Street

pg 349 to pg 453 in City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (finished)

pg 0 to pg 66 in Towering by Alex Flinn

Total Books Finished: 1
Total Pages Read: 234

My local library. I spend a lot of time here reading and doing homework during the school year although those days are over because I graduated. I love to just walk around and look at books also. 
Day 3 June 24th

Day 3 was a more relaxed less busy day. I went to the library in the morning to pick up Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen and Sisters in Sanity by Gayle Forman. Then I went to look around and I picked up Then Came You by Jennifer Weiner and Angels Falls by Kristen Hannah. Bringing my library pile back up to 7 books checked out. To answer my question or request for today it all depends how many books I check out each time I go to the library. My usual check out is one to two, but sometimes I'm there checking out one to two per week. If the book is a new release and it is due I usually read it while it is over due, but if it is a book that I can have back in a couple of weeks I will just return it and check it back out. 

In the afternoon yesterday we went to my neighbors house for a couple of hours and then we came home and relaxed for the night. 
pg 74 to pg 165 in 50 Harbor Street by Debbie Macomber

pg 66 to pg 119 in Towering by Alex Flinn

Total Books Read: 1
Total Pages Read: 378

Day 4 June 25th

Today I have asked that you talk about your librarians. I always go to the same library rarely going to the other branches so over the years I have got to know my librarians well. My favorite librarian has just finished her first year of being a librarian, but before that she was a Home Economics Teacher that I had since 7th grade so I knew her well before she started working in the library. She is always willing to lend a helping hand, is always smiling, and isn't afraid to admit when she makes a mistake. 

The other two librarians are really nice. They are older ladies, but they are always really sweet when I come in to pick up books and ask about my life. They are also really helpful and will work with you. 

Yesterday was pretty uneventful besides going to my neighbors house and Aqua Zumba at the pool. I got quite a bit of reading done. 

pg 119 to pg 205 in Towering by Alex Flinn

pg 165 to pg 200 in 50 Harbor Street by Debbie Macomber

Total Books Read: 1
Total Pages Read: 499

Day 5 June 26th
pg 205 to pg 293 in Towering by Alex Flinn

pg 0 to pg 66 in Sisters in Sanity by Gayle Forman

Total Books Read: 2
Total Pages Read: 653

Day 6 June 27th
Today I went a bit crazy and took a trip to the library five minutes before they closed to pick up City of Glass by Cassandra Clare and Fly Away by Kristin Hannah. I'm so excited to read both of them. I obtained Sisters in Sanity through an Inter library loan so I really wanted to finish it before I went home. As I have told you guys I'm leaving on Sunday and that is a book I can't risk being over due. I went out to the car and I had around 80 pages left of Sisters in Sanity so I thought it wouldn't take me too long to finish it. It was 8 o'clock when I started reading and 9:30 when I finished. I had took my parents car instead of my own so I didn't have to move their care to get mine out so I figured they would be worried since it usually takes me around 15 minutes to go to the library. They accepted my explanation because they trust me and know how crazy I am about books. Sisters in Sanity had a pretty great ending. I was able to put the book in the box so they can ship it back tomorrow. 

pg 66 to pg 290 in Sisters in Sanity by Gayle Forman

pg 200 to pg 206 in 50 Harbor Street by Debbie Macomber

Total Books Read: 3
Total Pages Read: 883

Day 7 June 28th
pg 206 to pg 240 in 50 Harbor Street by Debbie Macomber

pg 0 to pg 17 in Fly Away by Kristin Hannah

Total Books Read: 3
Total Pages Read: 934


4 comments:

  1. Cracker Barrel, yum! Hope you are enjoying your books today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will update tomorrow morning, but I have got a lot of reading done today. I'm really happy with my progress.

      Delete
  2. I haven't kept track of pages but I finished 3 books so far. Considering this is a super busy time for me I am really happy with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on 3 books that is amazing. I have only finished one so far.

      Delete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.