Friday, December 13, 2013

Book Review: Where She Went by Gayle Forman (no spoilers)

Book: Where She Went
Author: Gayle Forman
Publication: April 5th, 2011
Source: Local Library
Rating: 5/5 Stars
Summary (from Goodreads):


It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

 Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future-and each other.

 Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.


My Thoughts:
It has been three years since we have seen Adam and If I Stay. Adam has changed a lot over the past three years especially in his level of stardom and his relationship with his band. Mia and Adam are brought back together when Adam gets stuck in New York.

Mia and Adam's relationship is beautiful. There are so many unanswered questions at the beginning of Where She Went. How did Mia and Adam break up? Why doesn't Mia want to be with Adam? What made Adam the way he is? These questions kept me reading and oh the emotion. I fell in love with Mia and Adam in If I Stay. The emotions in Where she Went are so raw. Where she Went was one of the unique novels that I got lost in for a while. I never wanted to stop reading.

If you thought the ending of If I Stay was raw and emotional Where She Went's ending will not disappoint. Of course I was hoping for a happy ending, but I didn't expect one. I have to admit I'm a bit of a pessimist about young love and relationships working out when people are in their early 20s, but in my heart I  wanted to believe that Adam and Mia's relationship would. Gayle Forman gave me an ending that surprised me and moved me. I read the ending over and over agian. It was so absolutely beautiful. I wanted to read another book about Adam and Mia after finishing this one. Gayle Forman is an incredible author and I can't wait to read Just One Day and Just One Year soon.


Thanks


Rachael

If You Have Read Where She Went Join In The Discussion With Me
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.