Hosted by Alexa Loves Books
Where She Went is the Third Book in the Gayle Forman Read-Along.
1. Adam has changed a lot since we last saw him in If I Stay. Any guesses as to what happened between him and Mia? Him and the band? In his personal life? What do you think of the "new" Adam we find in the first chapter?
It has been three years since we last say Adam and I remember thinking at the beginning of the book that I wasn't really sure I liked the new Adam. He seemed like he had become less sensitive. I didn't have a lot of guesses as to what happened at the beginning of Where She Went, but I could tell that they weren't together and it hadn't been an easy break up.
2. How do you feel about Mia's determination to go to Julliard right away, instead of deferring for a year? Do you think it was the right decision for her to immediately leave the familiar, the scene of her greatest trauma and grief and head to an unfamiliar, new place?
I have no idea what Mia went through, but her choices were sitting around her hometown for another year or moving forward with her life. I think she made the right choice to move forward because that is what her parents would want.
3. What do you think of Mia and Adam's first reunion after three years?
It was awkward. You could tell that the break up hadn't been easy on either one of them, but nobody wanted to confront it, but neither one of them knew what to say either.
4. Grief strikes people different, as we see Adam grieving when he and Mia break up. Have you ever experienced the same intensity of grief? How did you survive it or move on from it? What do you think of Kim's role in helping Adam snap out of his grief?
I really loved that Kim and Adam came together threw Mia's accident and her leaving for Julliard. I think Kim was a key part of Adam's grieving process.
5. Song lyrics can sometimes describe our feelings about situations completely, as Adam's lyrics for the songs on the Collateral Damage album describe his feelings after Mia dumped him. What are some song lyrics that describe feelings you've had or memories?
I really like country music which often is about love, breakups, and life. I like the type of music that describes life.