My Top Ten Books I Read The 2nd Half of 2013:
I couldn't choose just 10 books for the whole year and I have a Top Ten Tuesday post on my favorite books so far. These are my Top 10 books from June through December.
1. Fly Away by Kristin Hannah- The sequel to Firefly Lane. This book got me through a really hard time and I loved to just get lost in their world. I think this book handled grief really well and I hope to reread it next year.
2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins- This book was amazing. I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen next and I fell in love with St. Clair.
3. Divergent by Veronica Roth- I put off this book for a long time because of the hype, but I'm so glad I read Divergent. I loved the world Roth created. I loved the character relationships and just fell in love with Divergent.
4. Looking for Alaska by John Green- I have major book hangover from this book. This book touched me in so many ways I never thought a book would. It brought me to tears.
5. If I Stay/Where She Went by Gayle Forman- I tried not to cheat on this list, but as far as favorites go it is impossible to decide between these two. They were both raw, emotional, amazing novels.
6. Towering by Alex Flinn- I love the story of Rapunzel and I love Flinn's twist on the classic tale. I really loved that Wyatt was the main character and the mystery of the story.
7. The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen- Her newest book was great. Emmaline was an amazing character. I have always loved the name Emma so I was quick to fall in love with her name. She had a strong personality that really made the novel.
8. Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu- Looking back I really loved the themes of this novel and how the novel changed the story of The Snow Queen. Read this book and then go see Disney's Frozen. They are both amazing.
9. The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks- His newest novel was a great addition. Although I don't think this is my favorite novel by Sparks. It kept me up late in the night and ending blew my mind.
10. City of Glass by Cassandra Clare- This is still my favorite book in the mortal instruments series. It was so action packed and changed everything for this series. City of Glass made the next book in the series City of Fallen Angels a disappointment.
2013 was a great year for reading. I have many more wrap up posts coming in the next week. I hope you had a great reading year and here is to 2014 being an even greater year for reading.