Saturday, March 30, 2013

Weekend Library Reading (4) Cinder by Marissa Meyer and The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult


I'm sorry this is a day late, but better late than never. I'm reading a library book so let's go for it. Actually this week I'm going to cheat and tell you about a book I just finished and a book I have yet to start. . Orginal by Kristilyn @ Reading in Winter.

Book: Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Why I took out this book: Everybody has read this book so I wanted to read it. I see why everybody has read this book it is amazing.


Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . .

 Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.


Book: The Storyteller

Why I took out this book: Anybody who has spent a fair amount of time on my blog knows that Jodi Picoult is by far my favorite author ever since I read The Pact in 2011 so of course I would want to read her new book. I haven't started it yet, but I know it is going to be a good book.


Sage Singer befriends an old man who's particularly beloved in her community. Josef Weber is everyone's favorite retired teacher and Little League coach. They strike up a friendship at the bakery where Sage works. One day he asks Sage for a favor: to kill him. Shocked, Sage refuses…and then he confesses his darkest secret - he deserves to die, because he was a Nazi SS guard. Complicating the matter? Sage's grandmother is a Holocaust survivor.

 What do you do when evil lives next door? Can someone who's committed a truly heinous act ever atone for it with subsequent good behavior? Should you offer forgiveness to someone if you aren't the party who was wronged? And most of all - if Sage even considers his request - is it murder, or justice? 


Thanks for reading


Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.