Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Switching Blogger Accounts: My Experience

For fun the other day I decided I would go sign in to my old hotmail accounts to see how much junk mail I had on both of them. I have used either of the accounts in years except I use one as my Facebook login and I use another as my youtube/blog log in. I couldn't remember my password for either account and went to change my password. Then I logged in with the new password only to get that Somebody Else May Be Using my Account. I clicked the next button and was taken a Microsoft Form to prove this was my account. I was asked to give them past passwords, recently sent emails, created folders, and people in my contacts. Of course I couldn't remember any of that because as I said I haven't touched either account for years. My account was suspended because I didn't provide enough information, which means I will never be able to get into those accounts again.

My Facebook I'm not worried about losing access to Facebook. Maybe I should be, but my blog on the other hand that scared me that if I lose access to my blog I lose all the hard work  I have put in for the last year and a half! That fact truly scared me! I went on the hunt to find out if I could transfer my blog to a new account. I'm still going to keep my other account running, but I'm going to start making posts from this account.

All I had to do was go and add the new account as a blog administrator and its done. I now own this blog. As far as what you guys see nothing will change because I made my name the same. This makes me feel so much better to have a new email that I have access to.

This is also leaving behind a piece of my past. I primarily created the last google account for my Youtube channel which now only has a few lyric videos I made left on it. This new account probably won't have any Youtube videos on it, but we will see. I am going to go through my old subscriptions and transfer them over to this new Youtube account. Now I feel a lot more comfortable with my blogger/Youtube account. Now I just have to decide if I'm going to create a new Facebook or not. I really don't want to just because of all the history that is on the old Facebook. My photos would go onto the new Facebook, but the posts would not.

2 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to change my url from angelasanxiouslife.blogspot.com to just angelasanxiouslife.com but I need to look into how to do it. Glad you got everything worked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too worried about that. I just wanted the account connected to an active email.

      Delete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.