Sunday, March 10, 2013

Fairy Tale Read-A-Thon Progress

Day 1 March 9th
pg 0 to pg 54 in The Host by Stephenie Meyer
So far The Host is pretty confusing, but it is getting better and I'm quite liking the story.

pg 5 to pg 8 in Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
The Disney Movie wasn't too far off with Peter Pan. 

Total Pages: 57

Unfortunately my to-do list a mile long so I don't have overly a lot of time to read. A fun weekend of Girls State Basketball came to an end last night. Like I said in an earlier post my high school was competing in State this year. We came in as the number 7 Seed and we were playing the number 2 Seed on Thursday night. It was a hard fought game and we were able to come out with the win. On Friday night we were the last team of the night to play and we played the number 3 Seed. We played an okay game, but that team was tough and we weren't able to pull through. We lost on Friday night and went on to the final round on Saturday night to compete for 3rd or 4th place. I'm really proud that we got that far. We were taking on the number 6 seed. The number 6 seed plays really tough defense, but I also think they play a lot like our team. I thought it would be a lot closer than it was, but with one of our players getting injured Friday Night it was hard for us to keep up. We didn't win that game and we ended State Championships with a Fourth Place Title which I'm still very proud of. I can see us coming back next year and competing in State again. 

Day 2 March 10th
pg 54 to pg 69 in The Host by Stephenie Meyer
Still a bit confused, but overall enjoying the book.

pg 8 to pg 56 in Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
Really enjoying this story and only noticing a few slight differences from the Disney movie.

Total Pages: 63 pages

Hard day for reading. I have just had a to do list a mile long with getting my senior slideshow done. I listened to Peter Pan while I scanned pictures yesterday so that is how I got so many pages done. My senior slideshow is done so now I just have my research paper for English to go. Then after I get that done I should have some quality reading time. 

Day 3 March 11th
pg 69 to pg 82

Total Pages: 13 pages
It was a hard day for reading because I had a lot of stuff to get done. 

Day 4 March 12th
pg 82 to pg 123

Total Pages: 42 
It was an okay day didn't get as much as I wanted to done.

Day 5 March 13th
pg 123 to pg 126

Total Pages: 3 pages
I was really busy today.

Day 6 March 14th
pg 126 to pg 163

Total Pages: 37 Pages
I went to my friends birthday party today. Tomorrow is going to be my big day for reading. I haven't had time to listen/read to Peter Pan. 

Day 7 March 15th
pg 163 to pg 195 

Total Pages: 32 pages
I'm really liking this book. Yesterday was my grandpa's 90th birthday so we spent the evening at their house and I was able to get a few pages done there. My goal is going to be to get to around 230 pages today. 

Day 8 March 16th
pg 195 to pg 208

pg 56 to 103 

Total Pages: 60 pages
I stayed up late last night to finish Peter Pan and write my no spoiler/spoiler book and movie review which I will be posting during fairy tale fortnight hosted by the book rat and a backwards story. This review is by far I think the best review I have done. It is for sure the most creative post I have done on my blog. I only was able to read a few pages of The Host, but every little bit counts. That marks the end of the fairy tale read-a-thon so look out for my wrap up post. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been busy! Hope you're enjoying reading so far (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been so busy. I'm not even going to finish one book this read-a-thon.

      Delete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.