Monday, January 18, 2016

2015 End of Year Book Survey

2015-end-of-year-book-survey-1024x984



Hosted by Jamie @ The Perpetual Page Turner

It just wouldn't be an end of the year wrap up with out the end of the year book survey. I didn't read as many books or blog as much as usual in 2015. Overall not a lot of books that I read this year really stuck out to me. I was in a reading slump for majority of the year. I'm looking forward to better reading year for 2016.

reading-stats-2015-1024x278

Number Of Books You Read:38
Number of Re-Reads:0
Genre You Read The Most From:Contemporary

best-YA-books-2014

1. Best Book You Read In 2015?

Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George, Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson, The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah, To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han, and Off the Page by Jodi Picoult. I never can have just one favorite. I will narrow it down in My Book of the Year Bracket Challenge coming soon. 

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

 I was super excited for The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows and I ended up really not enjoying this book and it put me into my huge reading slump that lasted until early December. I read throughout this reading slump, but much slower than usual. I loved Jodi Meadows Incarnate series, but this book just didn't have a whole lot going on and I wasn't able to keep up with what was going on very well. Some people loved this book, but it just wasn't for me. 

 3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?  

The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. I expected to love this book, but I didn't expect to get so emotional attached to the characters and learn so much about history from this book. 

 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?

 This year my sister pushed me to read To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han and I did and I loved it. 

 5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?

 Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George is the best series I started and finished. I loved all three of these books. 

 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?

 Morgan Matson. I need to read more books by her. 

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?

 A Step from Heaven by An Na. I had to read this book for my ESL class and I chose a short book, so if I didn't like it wouldn't take up too much reading time. I was pleasantly surprised to love this book. 

 8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?

 The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider. I read this one in a day for Dewey's April Read-A-Thon. 

 9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

 none I do not reread a lot. 

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?


11. Most memorable character of 2015?

 Vianne and Isabelle from The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah

 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?

 The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. Another year where I'm going to sing Kristin Hannah's praises. 

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?

 I don't think I had one this year. 

 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read? 

 Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?

Like last year I'm going to skip this one. I don't keep track of quotes. 

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?

 Longest: The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
Shortest: A Long Walk to Water by Linda Sue Park

 17. Book That Shocked You The Most

The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah (that ending)

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)

Lara Jean and Josh from To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year

 Vianne and Isabelle from The Nightingale

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously

Off the Page by Jodi Picoult

21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:

The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider (my sister again)

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?

Roger from Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
Josh from To All the Boys by Jenny Han

23. Best 2015 debut you read?

no debuts this year. 

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?

-skip

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?

Off the Page by Jodi Picoult

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?

The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?

The Summer After You and Me by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?

The Nightgale by Kristin Hannah

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?

Princess Series by Jessica Day George

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?

The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows. I think frustrated is more the word for this book. 
book-blogging

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?

I really didn't feel like writing reviews this year so I didn't. I reviewed very few of the books I read this year. I don't necessarily have a favorite. 

3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?

I didn't really write discussion post this year. 

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

Dewey's Readathon

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?

I enjoyed taking this year off from review requests and just having a laid back year for 2015. I enjoyed the challenges I participated in this year. 

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?

My 6 month reading slump was definetely a challenge. I read throughout this reading slump, but very slowly. I just didn't feel like reading and I don't believe I enjoyed the books I read during this period as much as I could have. 

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

I love comments and would love to get more love on all my posts. My personal posts are mostly ignored, but I sure do enjoy writing them. 

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

Bookoutlet, enough said. 

10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

I completed majority of my reading challenges and goals for this year.
looking-ahead-books-2015

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?

Last year I hoped to read Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins and that never happened, so I will be sure to read that book in 2016. I would say my number one priority is going to be Winter by Marissa Meyer. I'm waiting (not so patiently) for my copy to come in at the library.

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?

Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare (My goal is to read the Clockwork trilogy before this one comes out).

3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

I don't pay much attention to debuts, but I love when I find out that I'm reading a debut. 

 4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?

To be truthful none. I haven't been keeping up with series. 

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?

I hope to continue to read the books I want to read and enjoy reading. I'm heading into a very busy 2016 where I will finish up my last semester of classes before I begin student teaching in the fall. 

6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:

-I have not read any 2016 releases. 

I am so looking forward to seeing everybody else's end of the year book survey because that TBR always needs more books (not). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.