Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Top Ten 2013/2014 Releases I Still Haven't Read

I promised an update on the two top ten lists I wrote last year where I featured the 2013/2014 releases I missed. Below I have the books off the lists I still haven't read, but I do want to say I read a few books off the list. Of the 10 books on my 2014 list I finished 2, which are To All the Boys I loved Before by Jenny Han and Mr. Miracle by Debbie Macomber. of the 10 books on my 2013 list I read 3 books, which are Five Summers by Una LaMarche, The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider, and Sold for Endless Rue by Madeline E. Robins. 

These books are in no particular order. I have added three new books from last years list. I will try to point out which year each book is published, but just know that all these books were published in either 2013 or 2014. I did feature the 2015 releases in a previous top ten tuesday post.
1. Just One Day by Gayle Forman 2013- I now own this book. I picked it up at Barnes and Noble after buying the 2nd book at a library book sale. I think this is a book that I have to be in the right mood for as it is an emotional read.
2. Poison by Bridget Zinn 2013- this is a book I have kind of forgotten about. There was huge hype around this book when it first came out since the author passed about before the book published, but now that the hype is died down I hope to read and enjoy the book.
3. Golden by Jessica Kirby 2013- I also own this book and I think I will enjoy it. I hope to get to this book soon.
4. Landline by Rainbow Rowell 2014- Rainbow Rowell is usually one of those authors I read right when the books come out, but for some reason it hasn't happened with this book.
5. Destiny Rewritten by Katherine Fitzmaurice 2013- I think I'm really going to enjoy this book and as I need to read middle grade for my literature class I think this would be a great choice.
6. Everything Leads to You by Nina Lacour 2014- I own this book and I was so excited to be it, but it still sits on my shelf.
7. Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson 2013- This is a retelling of Rumpelstilskin and I'm hoping to read more fairy tales this year, so far they have been my main interest.
8. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson 2014- one of my sister's favorite books of last year and we do own it. I hope to read this one soon. I have heard glowing reviews for this author.
9. The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Mryacle 2013- I own this book and think the cover is beautiful.
10. My Name is Rapunzel by K.C. Hilton 2013- I love Rapunzel and that is what has drawn me to this book.
11. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins 2014- it is my goal to finish this series this year.
12. The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith 2014- Another book I own and think I will enjoy.
13. The Crystal Heart by Sophie Mason 2014- This is a book I need to inter-library loan, but it is a Rapunzel retelling, so I have high hopes.
14. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson 2014- I can't wait to read more books by this author.
15. This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith 2013- on my recommended list this year and something I'm sure to enjoy.
16. Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis 2014- a fairy tale retelling with mixed reviews, but I'm excited to read it.
17. Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy by Karen Foxlee 2014- this is one I saw and was interested immediately, but haven't picked up yet.
18. The Dyerville Tales by M.P. Kozlowsky 2014- another middle grade I should read for my literature class. 

My sister and I are on a book buying ban until we read some more books off our shelves. I have finished one so far this year, but I own 60 books that I haven't read and that number needs to change. We buy really high quality books that we believe we will enjoy and I would like to take the time to enjoy them this year. So here are the books that made my list again this year. Are any of these books still on your list? Are any of these favorites I should start with? 

1 comment:

  1. I really want to read Since You've Been Gone.
    Isla one is absolutely amazing!! I like that better than Lola one.:)

    http://yumiandyuji.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.