Hosted by Erratic Project Junkie
January 6th : Initial eliminations. All rounds of eliminations needed to get the number of contestants reduced to 32.
January 8th : Elimination to find the Sweet Sixteen.
January 10th : Reducing challengers to eight books - the Elite Eight.
January 13th : Quarterfinals. Determine your Final Four.
January 15th : Semi-Finals. Only two may enter the final arena.
January 17th : Finals...the Champion will be determined. Announce your Book of the Year!
The Elite 8 was hard. I had to eliminate books I really fell in love with this year.
1. The Real Boy by Anne Ursu
2. City of Heavenly Fire by Anne Ursu
3. Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult
4. The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
5. Open Road Summer by Emery Lord
6. Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
7. Ashes to Ashes by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
8. Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
I had to eliminate Cress. Cress! I fell in love with Cress this year. It was easily my favorite book in the series so far. Rapunzel is my favorite. Incarnate still survived and two books from the Burn for Burn series. On the Fence was another eliminate that was not easy. I loved that book. I read it in about three sittings and didn't want to put it down. These are 8 books I really loved this year, but I will be working them down to the final four.
Final Four will be up on January 13th. My book of Year will be announced so soon.