Hosted by Erratic Project Junkie
January 6th : Initial eliminations. All rounds of eliminations needed to get the number of contestants reduced to 32.
January 8th : Elimination to find the Sweet Sixteen.
January 10th : Reducing challengers to eight books - the Elite Eight.
January 13th : Quarterfinals. Determine your Final Four.
January 15th : Semi-Finals. Only two may enter the final arena.
January 17th : Finals...the Champion will be determined. Announce your Book of the Year!
This is my sweet 16. This was hard some really great books had to get eliminated.
Here are the books that made it to the 2nd round.
1. The Fairest of Them All by Carolyn Turgeon
2. The Real Boy by Anne Ursu
3. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
4. Sunlight and Shadow by Cameron Dokey
5. Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult
6. On the Fence by Kasie West
7. The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
8. Pivot Point by Kasie West
9. Cress by Marissa Meyer
10. Open Road Summer by Emery Lord
11. Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
12. Fire with Fire by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
13. How to Love by Katie Cotugno
14. Ashes to Ashes by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
15. Infinite by Jodi Meadows
16. Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
I feel like Firefly Lane and The Book Thief would have made it to this round when I first read them, but since they were rereads I want to give the title to other books. I had to eliminate both of the books I read by Veronica Roth this year. That was hard. The other interesting thing is that look at the bottom left corner. I have to choose between two Kasie West books. Oh how will I choose. This is a pretty accurate list of the books I really enjoyed this year.
The Elite Eight will be up on January 10th.