Saturday, January 3, 2015

2015 Challenges

Lory @ The Emerald City. This is going to be hard, but I am not going to check out any books from the library in January. I love the Library, but this will be a good break to read the books I own and the new books I receive for Christmas. 


Hosted by James Reads Books The Dare is that I will only read books on my TBR list until April 1st, 2015. Like I did last year I'm going to work on getting my goodreads TBR down. I currently have 306 books on my to be read list. This does not count the 2015 releases. I will take a full break from the library in January, but will return in February as long as I don't read 2015 releases. The two 2015 releases I will read in this timeline are Fairest by Marissa Meyer and The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. 

Because reading is better than real life
Hosted by Laura @ Trips Down Imagination Road and Michelle @ Because Reading. This challenge pushes me to make New Year's Resolutions and actually complete them. Honestly I did pretty good with my goals for last year. I think this will be a fun way to keep me accountable. 
1. Read 65 Books
I have been averaging over 60 books so I'm going to up my goal this year to 65 books. I still find time to read in college despite not having a whole lot. I read a lot during the summer also, which helps the goal. 
2. Finish the Series I have Started
In 2015 I would like to finish the Cedar Cove Series, Caroline Series, Anna and the French Kiss, and the Lunar Chronicles. 
3. Read the Books I want to Read
I made this goal last year and I think I did pretty good in 2014 about sticking to this goal. I don't always need to read the latest and greatest. If I want to read a book I give myself permission to say go for it and read the book. (This goal is going to be hard to track progress on. I will probably just count rewind books, a.k.a books published before 2015)
4. Personal Goal- Healthier Lifestyle
This has been a continual goal for me. I have been slowly changing my lifestyle since I started college. Let me tell you it isn't easy with all the unhealthy options available through my college meal plan. I changed my eating habits this year to eat more fruits and vegetables. I want to continue that this year as well as cutting most sweets out of my diet. I'm going to allow myself cheats every so often probably only once per week. Another goal is going to be to drink more water. This seems always to be a goal for me, but 2015 is the year I want to make it happen. I want to get back on the exercise bandwagon. I always do great towards the beginning of the semester and then it goes down towards the end. I'm going to make it my goal to go swimming twice a week and to the gym at least twice a week if not more. The goal in 2015 is not just to loose weight, but change my life. 

This is my third year joining this challenge. The first year it took me until December 31st to complete. The second year I didn't complete this challenge. I only finished 6 months. Now this year I'm back to try this challenge again. This year the books that are ideas for the monthly key word challenge will be thrown in my 2015 TBR jar and used for my random reads every month. My hard months this year are going to be November and December. I have a lot of ideas for the other months hence I hope to complete them. 

January
 Bird, Girl, Ever, Silence, Bad, Truth, End 
Ideas: Just Another Girl by Melody Carlson, The Girls at the Kingfisher Club by Genevieve Valentine, Girls Online by Zoe Snugg, Forever by Judy Blume, The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson, Unhappily Ever After by Eric Hobbs, The Last Forever by Deb Callienti, Now and Forever by Susane Colasanti, Never Have I Ever: my life (so far) without a date by Katie Heaney, Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour, The Thing about the Truth by Lauren Barnholdt, Legend by Marie Lu, Spindle's End by Robin McKinley, Sold for Endless Rue by Madeleine E. Robins
Read:

February
Key, Water, Lie, Chase, And, Once    
Ideas: Water Song by Suzanne Weyn, Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown, Zac and Mia by A.J. Betts, Once Upon a Winter's Heart by Melody Carlson, Once in Every Life by Kristin Hannah
Read:

March
KInd, Face, Power, City, Blue, Night, To
Ideas: The Kindness of Strangers by Katrina Kittle, Fairy Tale Weddings: Cindy and the Prince / Some Kind of Wonderful by Debbie Macomber, The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau, Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George, Before Midnight by Cameron Dokey, The Night Dance by Suzanne Weyn, Midnight Pearls by Debbie Viguie, The Mirk and Midnight Hour by Jane Nickerson, Starry Night by Debbie Macomber, The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
Read:

April
Dream, Prince, Long, Wind, Rose, The, Rock
Ideas: The Girl who Could Not Dream by Sarah Beth Durst, A Long Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan, Brair Rose by Yolen Jane, Rose Daughter by Robin Mckinley, The Rose Bride by Nancy Holder, Rose by Holly Webb, Anything with The
Read:

June
My, Together, Whisper, Win, Soul, Sleep
Ideas:  My Fair Godmother by Jannette Rallison, My Name is Rapunzel by K.C. Hilton, Titan Magic Body and Soul by Jodi Lamm, Beauty Sleep by Cameron Dokey, A Long Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan, Sleeping Beauty's Daughters by Diane Zahler
Read:

July
Sun, Unto, Energy, Fate, High, Look
Ideas: Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George, I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson, A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor
Read:

August
Fall, Boy, Glass, Heart, Lost, Now
Ideas: Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult, Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver, Angelfall by Ee Susan, Angel Falls by Kristin Hannah, Don't Fall by Rachel Schieffelbein, Farmer Boy Goes West by Heather Williams, Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy by Karen Foxlee, To All the Boys I have Loved Before by Jenny Han, The Fill in Boyfriend by Kasie West, The Glass Case by Kristin Hannah, Princess of Glass by Jessica Day George, Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore, Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult, Heart Like Mine by Amy Hatvany, The Crystal Heart by Sophie Mason, Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid, The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp
Read:

September
Color, Touch, Life, Day, How, Sweet
Ideas: My Life as a Rhombus by Varian Johnson, My Life Next Door by Huntsley Fitzpatrick, This Star Won't Go Out: The Life and Words of Esther Grace Earl by Esther Earl, On This Day by Melody Carlson, Just One Day by Gayle Forman, Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale, Maybe One Day by Melissa Cantor, The Sweetest Spell by Suzane Selfors, Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler
Read: 

October
Ghost, Home, Beach, Away, Test, Number
Ideas: Home Front by Kristin Hannah, Home Again by Kristin Hannah, Already Home by Susan Mallory, Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weinner
Read:

November
Rise, Holiday, And, Little, Call, Dark
Ideas: A Little House of their Own by Celia Wilkins, When Courage Calls by Jannette Oke, A Curse as Dark as Gold by Elizabeth Brunce, A Tale Dark and Grimm by Adam Gidwitz
Read:

December
Space, Mirror, Over, Flower, Trap, Cold
Ideas: The Mermaid's Mirror by L.K. Madigan, I Know It's Over by Kelly Martin, Cold Spell by Jackson Pearce
Read: 


Hosted by Book Dragon's Lair. I'm going to shoot for adult which is 36 books. 



Hosted by Sheila @ The Book Journey The level I choose is Going Pro which is 28+ checkouts. As a library addict this should be an easy complete.

Hosted by the Geeky Bloggers Book Blog  and The Book Nympho. I'm going with Overdrive Junkie which is 36 books. I think this will be a fun challenge. 



Hosted by Literary Escapism. Last year I read over 30 new authors. I'm excited to read many new authors again this year. I will be signing up for the challenge to read 25 new authors. 


Book Blogger Recomendation Challenge. I'm going to shoot for 3 books. 

Hosted by Book Dragon's Lair I didn't join a page challenge last year because the blog that has been hosting it quit in the middle of the year and then came back. I'm glad that a steady blog is hosting the Pages Read challenge. I'm going to go for around 15,000 pages. At my current reading amount I should make it easily. 


Hosted by All About Books. My goal is going to be to reduce my TBR by 3 books per month that is a 36 book reduction over the course of 2015. The total read per month is calculated by Books Read- Minus Books purchased. My public library in my college town hosts a book sale every first weekend of the month and it is hard for me to not buy any books. I would like to get some read in 2015 and donate them to the library for them to sell. 

Hosted by My Reader's Block. I'm going to go for Pike's Peak, which is to read 12 books. I'm hoping along with the TBR reduction challenge this will be pretty easy to complete. 

Hosted by Chapter Break and Second Run Reviews. I'm signing up for Blue Belt which is 11-20 books. My only way I'm going to be allowed to buy book is through rewards see here or through giftcards. I will hopefully receive some more for Christmas.  

Hosted by The Reader's Antidote. This one may be a little counter productive to the series enders challenge. The goal is to start 7 series is this year. I have so many series I would love to binge read this year, so I'm going to take on this challenge. Plus yay for more points for prequel/sequel. 


Hosted by Somewhere Only We Know and Words Fueled by Love. I'm going to go for Level 1: 1-5 books. I would like to read Winter, A Little House of their Own, 1225 Christmas Tree Lane, Isla and the Happily Ever After. That would finish 4 series for myself. I did pretty good this year at starting and finishing series. 

Hosted by Jessi @ Novel Heartbeat and Melissa @ Writer Girl Reads. I'm going to go for Ametuer which is 25-50 points. 1 point for prequel or sequel novellas, 2 points for each sequel, 10 pts for completing the series.


The Daily Prophecy
Hosted by Mel @ The Daily Prophecy. I'm going for the level of Big Bad Wolf, which is 10-15 fairytale retelling books. I think I will probably read right around this number since I read 14 this year. I usually read a good mixture of genres. 
Hosted by Books and Iced Coffee. I joined this one last year. Like Last year I'm not going to set a goal just going to try to read as many YA books as possible and complete the monthly challenges. 
January: Standalone Novel: 


Hosted by The Book Addicts Guide. This challenge is a blogger challenge to keep my blog clean and organized. This challenge is over at the end of June. I will be doing monthly progress reports on this challenge. 

Reading Challenge Addict
Reading Challenge Addict. So far I have signed up for 18 challenges so actually not as crazy as last year. I'm going to set my goal for Reading Challenge Addict for Out of This World which is 16+. I know I will join more seasonal challenges throughout the year because they are so much fun. 

13 comments:

  1. Let me try again...

    Rachael: Glad you're joining in on the Mount TBR Challenge! Good luck with Pikes Peak! And I know you thought the Super Book Password might be a bit much for a commitment--but you're welcome to join in and guess--if you'd like. My first clue is up: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2015/01/super-book-password-januaryfebruary.html--if you check out my review, you'll see which word in the title is the clue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will just watch from the sidelines this year.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with all of the challenges! I signed up for a few of the same ones and I still need to do my Bookish Resolutions post. Hope you had a good winter break from school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter Break was okay this year. Not the best. I'm not excited about the return to school, but the good news is that I will be done with generals after this semester.

      Delete
  3. Welcome to the challenge Rachael! I like your goal about reading what you want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the fairytale challenge, great that you joined :D You are doing a lot of challenges, good luck with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining us again this year, Rachael in the 2015 Series Enders Reading Challenge. Good luck reaching your goal!

    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining #ShelfLove! I like your plans to use a reward system. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some really good ones here! In fact... you caused me to join in two more challenges on my blog! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm glad I caused you to join some more.

      Delete
  8. You are one brave girl. Wow, you joined so many challenges. I'm inspired. ")

    Ashia
    http://romancingthebooksandapps.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Luck and thanks for joining our #Shelflove Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with all your challenges. Glad to have you on board with the Shelf Love Challenge.

    Terri M., the Director
    Second Run Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.