Sunday, January 25, 2015

Sunday Post # 3: Homework is endless

Hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer

Last Week On the Blog

Winning at Reading/Take Control of Your TBR Pile Sign Up
Top Ten 2013 Releases I Missed
Fill in the Gaps/ Deal Me In Sign Up
Series 2015

Not too many posts this week. I signed up for the Winning at Reading Challenge and am going to try to read books I have won from giveaways in February. Then I'm going to take control of my TBR pile again in March and read books that I own. I also updated my Top Ten Tuesday archive page and realized I only participated 3 times in 2014. I'm going to try to participate more this year. I also talked about my series goals for 2015. The series I need to finish, start, and the series I finished in 2014.

In life it has been a busy week. I have had piles of homework and I'm still not quite done, but getting close. We have to interview a person from another country for World Geography and I'm waiting for our person to email me back so we can set up an interview time. I also need to interview a parent that has young children and I'm wait for my cousin to agree otherwise if she doesn't respond back by tomorrow I'm going to ask somebody else.

My #fitreaders update. This has been a great week. I stayed home until Tuesday morning so I missed my Tuesday swim, but made it to my Thursday swim and was there for 40 minutes. Then my friends and I have completed 4 Zumba workouts this week. Each Zumba class is 50 minutes. That is 4 hours of workout this week. We did walk around the track a little bit and run a little bit also, but I'm hoping to get a real run in sometime this week.

Read This Week

I finished Sold for Endless Rue by Madeleine E. Robins. I loved this book a lot. 

Currently Reading

I'm currently reading My Life with the Walter Boys by Ali Novak

I'm almost finished with this novel and it has been such a fun contemporary. I'm planning on reading Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George next.

Snagged at the Library

Still nothing new from the library although Sold for Endless Rue has been returned. Check out this post for my current check outs minus Sold for Endless Rue

Events this Week

The next COYER read-a-thon is up and this is a longer one. The Scavenger Hunt read-a-thon starts today and goes until February 8th. 
I'm currently read the one word title: Fallen by Anne Hunter. I'm 33% in. I hope to finally finish this book soon. 
For a book with a purple cover and a script style lettering in the title I'm going to read Coralina by Anita Valle
For a book who uses initials I have Beyond New Eden by H.S. Stone
A book with a pirate or a sea captain I have Cutlass by Ashley Nixon
A book with a fully clothed man I have Starstruck by Jamie Campell

There are some choices I have I do not think I will get to all of them, but I would at least like to finish Fallen and start another ebook. 


The Winter's Respite Read-a-thon also happens this week. I'm planning on finishing My Life with the Walter Boys and starting Princess of the Midnight Ball. 


4 comments:

  1. I'm going to do the winning at reading challenge to, I just need to get my post up. I have lots of books to read for it though! And good luck with the COYER Read-a-thon, sounds like you've got a good selection to start with. Cutlass is good, I hope you get to it :)

    Have a great week Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got my kindle and I'm going to start using it this weekend. I'm excited to maybe actually make progress with Fallen during this read-a-thon.

      Delete
  2. It's looking like you're going to be really busy these next few months with challenges, and that you've already started working on your COYER goals. Nice! Good luck with your bookish to-do list. :)

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes challenges are something I enjoy so it will be a busy couple of months of cleaning off my TBR pile.

      Delete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.