Saturday, December 30, 2017

My December TBR List: Review: Bah Humbug by Heather Horrocks (no spoilers)

Book: Bah, Humbug
Author: Heather Horrocks
Publication: September 9, 2011
Source: Own Kindle Ebook
Read: Dec 17-27, 2017
Lexi Anderson is an up-and-coming, Martha Stewart-type TV hostess whose two kids love the Jared Strong adventure novels, which happen to be written by their new neighbor, Kyle Miller.

For the first time in his writing career, Kyle has writer's block - until he sees the snowman on his lawn and realizes this is the perfect place for his villain to hide the weapon. He digs into the snowman to discover two things: the weapon fits int he body just under the head, and the snowman was supposed to be the back drop for Lexi's next show.

 From this improbable beginning comes friendship. Can there be more for a woman who is afraid to get close again and a man who has shadows from his childhood?

 Families join together and hearts are healed as this couple goes walking in a winter wonderland.

My Thoughts:

This book was about a writer, Kyle Miller, who hates Christmas. He starts off the book by destroying the neighbor's snowman. That is where his trouble begins. He meets Lexi Anderson, who just happens to love Christmas. She makes a deal with him. He can come to her son's birthday party if he lets her host Christmas for his family. 

Overall my word to describe this book is cute. This book reminds me of a hallmark movie. If you know me then you know that I love Halmark movies, so this book made my heart happy. I think that Kyle wasn't as scroogy as he could have been, but love has a way of making you do things that you aren't always happy about. I loved watching their relationship grow over the course of the book. It was fun to watch Kyle change over the course of the book, but the book had its share of ups and downs. I loved the ending. If you want a quick, cute, holiday book then this book is for you. 

1 comment:

  1. Just reading that synopsis has me visualizing this as a movie :P
    It sounds super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.