Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April Wrap Up and May TBR






April Wrap Up
April is a month that went on and on, but in other ways flew by. April was a big month for us. We had our first ice storm since 1996 and we got 3 days off school. I finished two books in that time. We lost power only twice and only for an hour each time. We were very lucky. I attended prom on April 20th and that was an amazing experience. I read a total of 6 books in April. I'm proud to say I finished every book on my April TBR list besides Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi which I gave up. 

April Wrap Up
1. The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult was my favorite book for this month. I love Jodi Picoult as an author and this book was another winner. I didn't want to put it down and finished it quickly. 







2. The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick was the 2nd book I read in April and it didn't disappoint. I loved Pat and Tiffany and the mental illeness really added to the book. 







3. And Then I Found You by Patti Callahan Henry was the 3rd book I read in April. I won this book through a goodreads giveaway and I was excited to read it. I love books about adoption and this was a great book. It was emotional and happy at the same time. I would recommend this book for people who like heartwarming novels.





4. Splintered by A.G. Howard became my 2nd disliked book of 2013. I so badly wanted to like this book, but I had a lot of issues with it which you can read about in my review. 







5. 311 Pelican Court by Debbie Macomber was not as good as the 2nd Cedar Cove book, but I really enjoyed the story and the characters. 








6. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson was a wonderful book. I really enjoyed this retelling of Peter Pan. Anderson did a wonderful job creating the character of Tiger Lily.








May TBR (To Be Read)
I'm going to finish off the Spring of Sarah Dessen challenge this month by finishing the 3 remaining novels I haven't read by her. The others ones are just books I want to read. The books are This Lullaby, Just Listen, and That Summer by Sarah Dessen, Scarlet by Marissa Meyer, Firefly Lane by Kristen Hannah, and Rapunzel Untangled by Cindy C. Bennett. 


8 comments:

  1. Aw, so you couldn't finish it? Under the Never Sky. When did you stop reading? I liked Perry and Roar, that's probably what made the book better. Aria is a little weird but I still connect with her sometimes, maybe that's why I was able to finish this and like it. I do wish we could have found more about her world, I felt like it wasn't as important so we just got what she remembered

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quit around 100 pages because I was just not understanding what was going on so I returned it to the library and got a new book. I would rather give it up then have to read another book I didn't enjoy and put up another negative review.

      Delete
  2. Great wrap-up! I've been really wanting to read Silver Linings Playbook and Splintered! You have to tell me how you like the Sarah Dessens, I can't wait :) You gave up Under the Never Sky? That's so sad, but I understand. I was having a hard time in the beginning but it got way better for me! Happy May Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know I just wasn't getting in to Under the Never Sky and I gave it up around 100 pages. Silver Linings Playbook was great while I didn't overly enjoy Splintered. I think different people will have different opinion on Splintered. I would suggest giving it a try.

      Delete
  3. This Lullaby is one of my favorite books, I'm excited to see what you think of it! :) Happy reading!

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I will love it. It is a Sarah Dessen book after all.

      Delete
  4. Hello, I'm a new follower and I love your blog. I hope that you can check out my May TBR at - Music Plus Books: TBR in May 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked out your blog and loved it so I followed also. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.