Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Top Ten Favorite Book to Movie Adaptations



Top Ten Tuesday Rewind My Favorite Book to Movie Adaptations:
1. The Time Traveler's Wife. I will always love this book/ movie combination. I think the movie did a good job of capturing the book.
2. Twilight Saga Movies. I loved every single one of them although Breaking Dawn Part 2 had to be my favorite. People can say all the bad things they want about Twilight. I will always love this series.
3. The Host.This movie was amazing. I went and saw it on opening day and if you read the book you would be excited to know that the movie follows the book really closely. I really loved the movie and would recommend you to see it. 
4. Nicholas Sparks movies. I have to admit I cheated here, but I just can't choose a favorite. I love them all.
5. The Help. I loved the movie. This was the movie that made me really love Emma Stone as an actress. I think Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer did a great job as Abileen and Minnie. 
6. The Love Comes Softly Movies. Hallmark channel did a great job with these movies and although they changed the story towards the end I still loved the movies. 
7. Something Borrowed. My English teacher said she absolutely hated this movie, but I myself really like the movie. I really like Kate Hudson and Jennifer Goodwin as actresses.
8. Trading Christmas. This is based on the book When Christmas Comes by Debbie Macomber. I watched this movie twice this past December and I can't get over how much I loved this movie. 
9. Water For Elaphants. I think Robert Pattenson did a great job in this movie and showed that he does have a future post Twilight. Reece Witherspoon also did a great job playing Marlena. I really loved the movie and the ending was intense.
10. Charlie St. Cloud. This movie was strange, but that is probably the reason I loved it. Zac Efron did a great job and I loved the little boy who played Sam. This movie tells you how hard it is to let go. 



5 comments:

  1. I've seen and read about half of these. I love Nicholas Sparks books and movies, both make me cry every time! He is one of my favorite authors! I watched Charlie St Cloud on a bus ride and it was so sad. I haven't read the book but I think I'd be crying from the beginning all the way till the end. I'm such a crybaby!
    About the twilight, I only read the last book because I just couldn't wait for the movie (that should tell you I really like them) and because I read in a book that Bella was more 'mature' in Breaking Dawn. So I liked the book, I've read it about 2 and a half times and of course I kept seeing lots of things on both movies Breaking Dawn 1 and 2 that were so different! I didn't say much things about the first one but on the second one, oh boy lol. I actually read the last half of the book before going to see the movie, big mistake! I kept telling my friend how it was all different, and how the book was better and kept telling him how the scenes originally were in the book. I went to see it again with my little cousin, she loves twilight and everything about it and we kept talking about it, (it was our second time watching it) we talked about all the differences and how they would have changed things to make it more like the book. We couldn't stop talking and comparing them for a whole week. We still like to watch it, she just bought the movie (the last one) and we were going to watch it, I had to leave but she finished watching it. I'm sure we could have a marathon and watch all of them in one day, I'll suggest that when she's on vacation, she's still in school.
    This is the longest comment I've written lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your comment while I was at school and I couldn't help, but laugh about your whole twilight talk. I really like twilight although by the time break dawn part 2 came out I had read the book about 3 years ago so obviously I had forgotten some stuff, but it allowed me to not over analyze the movie and just enjoy it. I'm glad to find another twilight fan.

      Delete
    2. Lol sorry, I hope you didn't get in trouble. Well, I wouldn't consider myself a fan lol, I liked them and besides I don't think my little cousin would say I'm a fan either, she's always telling me things about it and I'm like, I don't remember that lol. Now, she's just like 'oh right, you don't pay attention to details, you only see Edward, Bella and Jacob'

      Delete
  2. Great list! I still need to read and watch some of these, so thanks for filling up my to do ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.