Sunday, April 28, 2013

Hour 24 Finish Line and End of Event Survey Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon

I'm so excited to have completed my first 24 hour read-a-thon although I did not stay up for the full 24 hours I enjoyed the time I spent reading for this read-a-thon and I know I will be back in October if it lands on a flexible date for me since I will be in college.



  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? I was out by 11:10 p.m. central time. I'm not a night person at all.
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I split my time between an audio book on my computer 44 Cranberry Point, and reading my regular book Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson. Those are the only suggestions I have. 
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? This read-a-thon is fabulous.
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The hourly posts really kept me motivated.
  5. How many books did you read? I finished 1, got pretty far through one, and started another one.
  6. What were the names of the books you read? Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson, 44 Cranberry Point by Debbie Macomber, and Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi.
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
  8. Which did you enjoy least? Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? wasn't a cheerleader, but they were great motivators.
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I would love to participate again and I would likely be a reader again.

Update:
From 9:38 to 10:00 so 22 minutes I listened to page 117 to pg 128 in 44 Cranberry Point by Debbie Macomber. That is a total of 11 pages.










Then it was time to start a new book. I went upstairs and made my bed. Then I read this book before I went to sleep. from 10:15 to 10:35 I read pg 0 to pg 17 in Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. That is a total of 20 minutes and 17 pages. 

I took a quick 5 minute break and returned to continued reading Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. I read from 10:40 to 11:10 p.m. central time which is 30 minutes and I read from pg 17 to pg 33 which is a total of 16 pages. 



Cumulative Total:
Time Read: 8 hours 6 minutes
Pages Read:296 pages


I'm so proud of myself. I may have only read a 1/3 of the time the read-a-thon was going on, but I have never read that many pages in a day so I'm really proud of myself. I loved participating in Dewey's Read-a-thon and would love to do it again in October. I can't wait to read everybody else's posts.


Rachael

5 comments:

  1. Great job. It sounds like you got a lot of reading in. Hope to see you again in October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone seems to have enjoyed it! I'm hoping on participating in October. Since I am a night person, I think I'd have more trouble in the morning lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I was going to ask. You didn't or are not liking Under the Never Sky? It was not how I hoped but I enjoyed it

      Delete
    2. I actually quit Under the Never Sky. I was one hundred pages in and I did not know what was going on so I returned it to the library and checked out another book.

      Delete

Hi my name is Rachael and I want to thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate every single comment I receive and I reply back to all comments.